Piled-High Apple Pie
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
There's nothing more all-American than an apple pie baking in the oven. The comforting flavors of this easy, apple pie recipe are guaranteed to tempt your family into begging for another slice of Piled-High Apple Pie!
What You'll Need:
- 3/4 cup plus 1 teaspoon sugar, divided
- 1 1/8 teaspoons ground cinnamon, divided
- 8 baking apples, peeled, cored and cut into thick slices (see Note)
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon plus 2 teaspoons butter, softened
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- 1 (15-ounce) package refrigerated pie crust
What To Do:
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees F. In a small bowl, combine 1 teaspoon sugar and 1/8 teaspoon cinnamon; mix well and set aside.
- In a large bowl, combine apples, flour, 1 tablespoon butter, lemon juice, remaining 3/4 cup sugar, and 1 teaspoon cinnamon; toss to coat apples well.
- Unfold 1 pie crust and place in a 9-inch pie plate, pressing crust firmly against plate. Pour apple mixture into crust then place remaining pie crust over mixture. Trim and pinch edges together to seal, fluting if desired. Using a sharp knife, cut four 1-inch slits in top.
- Melt remaining 2 teaspoons butter and brush over top of crust then sprinkle with sugar mixture.
- Bake on a baking sheet 45 to 50 minutes, or until crust is golden.
You can cut the apples thinner or thicker depending on your preference.
Baking the pie on a baking sheet minimizes oven cleanup if the pie should happen to bubble up out of the crust.
- If you liked this pie recipe, be sure to check out our Strawberry Rhubarb Pie!
Report Inappropriate Comment
Are you sure you would like to report this comment? It will be flagged for our moderators to take action.
Thank you for taking the time to improve the content on our site.
LATEST TV RECIPE & VIDEO
Celebrate the flavors of summer all year long with our Fiesta Zucchini Salad. This salad gets its great vibrant color from fresh veggies, like cherry red tomatoes, bright yellow corn, green zucchini, and more! It's truly a salad worth throwing a fiesta for!