Quakertown Crumb Pie
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
You're sure to gain lots of friends with this popular Pennsylvania pie. It's old-fashioned goodness from simpler times.
What You'll Need:
- 1/4 cup plus 1/3 cup firmly packed brown sugar, divided
- 1/4 cup molasses
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- 1 1/2 cups water
- 1 cup plus 2 tablespoons all purpose flour, divided
- 1 1/4 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 cup (1/2 stick) butter, melted
- 1/8 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 unbaked 9-inch pie shell
What To Do:
Preheat the oven to 375 degrees F.
In a small saucepan, combine 1/4 cup brown sugar, the molasses, egg, water, and the 2 tablespoons flour. Cook over medium heat, stirring constantly, until the mixture thickens. Remove from the heat, cool for 5 minutes, then stir in the vanilla; set aside.
In a large bowl, combine the remaining 1 cup flour with the baking soda; add the remaining 1/3 cup brown sugar, the melted butter, and cinnamon, stirring with a fork until crumbly.
Pour the molasses mixture into the pie shell; top with the crumb mixture, sprinkling evenly.
Bake for 40 to 45 minutes, or until light golden. Cool before serving.
Report Inappropriate Comment
Are you sure you would like to report this comment? It will be flagged for our moderators to take action.
Thank you for taking the time to improve the content on our site.
- Cannoli Pie
- Two-Minute Hawaiian Pie
- Best Homemade Desserts with Pie Fillings
- 74 Easy Pie Recipes, Plus 5 Homemade Pie Crusts
- Impossible Chocolate Cream Pie
- Upside Down Apple Pie
- Cheddar Crumb Topped Apple Pie
- Amish Bakery Custard Pie
- "Easy as Pie" Recipes: 40 Chocolate Pie Recipes, Fruit Pie Recipes & More
- Betsy's Buttermilk Pie