Quick & Easy Potato Recipes: 30 Scrumptious Recipes for Breakfast Potatoes, Potato Side Dishes and More
Breakfast Potato Boats
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
You'll be on the receiving end of a sea of compliments when you serve our easy Breakfast Potato Boats. This hearty version of stuffed potato skins made from All-American Idaho Russet Potatoes is super for breakfast, brunch or even a light dinner.
What You'll Need:
- 2 large (12- to 14-ounce) Idaho Russet Potatoes
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 8 eggs, beaten
- 1 medium tomato, chopped
- 1/4 cup crumbled cooked bacon
- 1/2 cup shredded sharp Cheddar cheese
- 1 to 2 scallions (green onions), sliced
What To Do:
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F. Scrub potatoes and pierce skins several times with a fork.
- Place on baking sheet and bake 55 to 65 minutes, or until tender. Let cool 5 minutes then slice in half lengthwise and scoop out pulp, leaving 1/4-inch-thick shell.
- In a large skillet, melt butter over medium heat; scramble eggs until firm.
- Evenly divide eggs into potato halves and sprinkle with tomatoes, bacon, cheese, and scallions. Place on baking sheet and heat in oven 5 minutes, or until cheese is melted.
Save the scooped out potato and mash with a bit of butter, salt, and pepper. Then simply pan-fry it for a double bonus!
For more information about Idaho Potatoes, visit: idahopotato.com
Report Inappropriate Comment
Are you sure you would like to report this comment? It will be flagged for our moderators to take action.
Thank you for taking the time to improve the content on our site.
LATEST TV RECIPE & VIDEO
In keeping up with Mardi Gras tradition we came up with this recipe for Mardi Gras King Cake that's so good it's guaranteed to keep the party going and going and going. Our king cake recipe features classic cinnamon flavor and a sugary glaze in traditional colors!