Quick & Easy Potato Recipes: 30 Scrumptious Recipes for Breakfast Potatoes, Potato Side Dishes and More
Cheesy Herbed Mashed Potatoes
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
Who wouldn't love this easy recipe for mashed potatoes? With lots of cheese and fresh-tasting herbs, Cheesy Herbed Mashed Potatoes are loaded with your favorite tastes, so it's a perfect side dish for holiday or regular-day dinners.
What You'll Need:
- 3 pounds baking potatoes (about 4 large), peeled and quartered
- 1/2 stick butter
- 3/4 cup sliced scallions (2 to 3)
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh or 1 teaspoon dried basil
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh or 1 teaspoon dried chives
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh or 1 teaspoon dried dill weed
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 1/2 cups (6 ounces) shredded mild Cheddar cheese (see Note)
- 1/2 cup milk
What To Do:
In a large pot of boiling salted water, cook potatoes 20 to 25 minutes, or until tender; drain.
Place butter and scallions in pot and cook over medium heat 1 minute. Reduce heat to low and stir in basil, chives, dill, salt, and pepper.
- Return drained potatoes to pot; add cheese and milk. Remove from heat and mash with a potato masher or beat with an electric mixer until smooth.
- If you like your potatoes a little less cheesy, don't be afraid to cut the amount of cheese to 1 cup. They'll still be packed with flavor.
- If you liked this recipe, be sure to check out all of our cheesy favorites in The Cheese Lover's eCookbook: 34 Easy Recipes with Cheese.
- If you're looking for more great holiday side dishes like this one, check out our FREE eCookbook, Thanksgiving Side Dishes: 35 Family-Favorite Recipes for Thanksgiving Sides.
Report Inappropriate Comment
Are you sure you would like to report this comment? It will be flagged for our moderators to take action.
Thank you for taking the time to improve the content on our site.