- CHILL TIME
- 4 Hr 15 Min
- COOK TIME
- 35 Min
- READY IN
- 4 Hr 50 Min
What You'll Need:
2 cups (1 pint) heavy cream
1 cup sugar, divided
6 egg yolks
1 tablespoon vanilla extract
What To Do:
- In a large saucepan over medium heat, combine heavy cream, milk, 1/2 cup sugar, egg yolks, and vanilla. Cook 30 minutes, stirring frequently. (Be careful not to boil.)
- Remove from heat and beat 5 to 6 minutes, or until smooth and thick. Divide equally among four 1-cup custard cups. Chill 4 to 6 hours, or until custard is very firm.
- In a medium skillet over medium heat, melt remaining sugar until golden, then pour over chilled custards; chill 15 to 20 additional minutes, or until sugar hardens. Serve, or keep chilled until ready to serve (See Note).
- Change this up by substituting Amaretto or Bailey's for the vanilla extract!
- These can be topped with melted sugar and chilled up to 2 hours before serving, so, if making these in advance, plan to top with the sugar within 2 hours of serving.
- If you like creamy, custardy desserts (and who doesn't!), we highly recommend giving our Napoleons a try!
- It's Throwback Week! Hope you've enjoyed reminiscing with us!
YOUR RECENTLY VIEWED RECIPES
04 04 14