- CHILL TIME
- 4 Hr 15 Min
- COOK TIME
- 35 Min
- READY IN
- 4 Hr 50 Min
What You'll Need:
2 cups (1 pint) heavy cream
1 cup sugar, divided
6 egg yolks
1 tablespoon vanilla extract
What To Do:
- In a large saucepan over medium heat, combine heavy cream, milk, 1/2 cup sugar, egg yolks, and vanilla. Cook 30 minutes, stirring frequently. (Be careful not to boil.)
- Remove from heat and beat 5 to 6 minutes, or until smooth and thick. Divide equally among four 1-cup custard cups. Chill 4 to 6 hours, or until custard is very firm.
- In a medium skillet over medium heat, melt remaining sugar until golden, then pour over chilled custards; chill 15 to 20 additional minutes, or until sugar hardens. Serve, or keep chilled until ready to serve (See Note).
- Change this up by substituting Amaretto or Bailey's for the vanilla extract!
- These can be topped with melted sugar and chilled up to 2 hours before serving, so, if making these in advance, plan to top with the sugar within 2 hours of serving.
- If you like creamy, custardy desserts (and who doesn't!), we highly recommend giving our Napoleons a try!
- It's Throwback Week! Hope you've enjoyed reminiscing with us!
YOUR RECENTLY VIEWED RECIPES
04 04 14
LATEST TV RECIPE & VIDEO
Did you know you could "buffalo" just about anything? Our recipe for Buffalo Cauliflower uses the original sauce from Anchor Bar in Buffalo, New York. Folks will be surprised when you show up with this kickin' take on a veggie favorite!