Quick & Easy Potato Recipes: 30 Scrumptious Recipes for Breakfast Potatoes, Potato Side Dishes and More
Classic Mashed Potatoes
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
Why are our Classic Mashed Potatoes the best ever? Simple, extra-creamy and easy, they cook up fresh in a snap and team with all your favorite comforting main dishes.
What You'll Need:
- 3 pounds Idaho Russet potatoes, peeled, cut into chunks
- 1/4 cup (1/2 stick) butter, softened
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
What To Do:
- Place potato chunks in a large pot and add just enough water to cover. Bring to a boil over high heat and cook 15 to 20 minutes, or until tender; drain well.
- In a large bowl, combine potatoes and remaining ingredients; beat with an electric mixer until smooth and creamy. Serve immediately.
Test Kitchen Tip:
Store Idaho potatoes in a cool, dark and well-ventilated place. They will keep for about a week at room temperature and for several weeks at 45 to 50 degrees.
- Did you know? This recipe was one of best-loved recipes of 2012! Click here to find out what else made the list.
Report Inappropriate Comment
Are you sure you would like to report this comment? It will be flagged for our moderators to take action.
Thank you for taking the time to improve the content on our site.
LATEST TV RECIPE & VIDEO
Craving a homemade dessert, but don't feel like baking? Then our recipe for No-Bake Lemonade Cheesecakes is right up your alley! In less than 10 minutes you can whip up this 5-ingredient dessert recipe that'll have you dreaming of breezy blue skies and fields of fresh berries.