Quick & Easy Potato Recipes: 30 Scrumptious Recipes for Breakfast Potatoes, Potato Side Dishes and More
Cheesy Herbed Mashed Potatoes
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
This cheesy mashed potatoes recipe is filled with fresh-tasting herbs and is sure to be your new go-to favorite recipe for easy mashed potatoes. These Cheesy Herbed Mashed Potatoes are loaded with your favorite tastes, so they're a perfect side dish for holiday or regular-day dinners. Serve this creamy mashed potatoes recipe alongside your Thanksgiving favorite main dish, or set these out on the table for your Easter Sunday dinner. Everyone will love the creamy, cheesy taste.
What You'll Need:
- 3 pounds baking potatoes (about 4 large), peeled and quartered
- 1/2 stick butter
- 3/4 cup sliced scallions (2 to 3)
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh or 1 teaspoon dried basil
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh or 1 teaspoon dried chives
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh or 1 teaspoon dried dill weed
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 1/2 cups (6 ounces) shredded mild Cheddar cheese (see Note)
- 1/2 cup milk
What To Do:
In a large pot of boiling salted water, cook potatoes 20 to 25 minutes, or until tender; drain.
Place butter and scallions in pot and cook over medium heat 1 minute. Reduce heat to low and stir in basil, chives, dill, salt, and pepper.
- Return drained potatoes to pot; add cheese and milk. Remove from heat and mash with a potato masher or beat with an electric mixer until smooth.
- If you like your potatoes a little less cheesy, don't be afraid to cut the amount of cheese to 1 cup. They'll still be packed with flavor.
- If you liked this recipe, be sure to check out all of our cheesy favorites in The Cheese Lover's eCookbook: 34 Easy Recipes with Cheese.
- Cooking for the holidays? Check out one of these FREE cookbooks: Thanksgiving Side Dishes: 35 Family-Favorite Recipes for Thanksgiving Sides or 35 Excellent Easter Recipes.
Report Inappropriate Comment
Are you sure you would like to report this comment? It will be flagged for our moderators to take action.
Thank you for taking the time to improve the content on our site.
LATEST TV RECIPE & VIDEO
We had a little fun in the Test Kitchen and turned your favorite banana bread upside-down! Our Upside-Down Banana Bread is great as-is or served with some vanilla ice cream. Just be warned, no matter how you decide to eat it, it'll be hard to stop at just one piece!