- 8 Min
- COOK TIME
- 1 Hr 30 Min
- READY IN
- 1 Hr 38 Min
Never heard of Tzimmes before? This traditional Jewish recipe is usually cooked up for Rosh Hashanah with other sweet and honey-flavored dishes. Whether you're getting ready for the holiday or just want to try some classic Jewish food, this recipe for tzimmes is a must have. We like using sweet potatoes in our version of the recipe, but feel free to try a variation of your own to get that "OOH IT'S SO GOOD!!"
What You'll Need:
- 2 cans (29 ounces each) sweet potatoes, drained
- 2 cans (14-1/2 ounces each) whole carrots, drained
- 1 package (12 ounces) pitted prunes
cup orange juice
cup (1/2 stick) butter, melted
- 1 teaspoon salt
What To Do:
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F.
- In a 2-quart casserole dish that has been coated with vegetable spray, combine all the ingredients; mix well.
- Bake, uncovered, for 90 minutes or until heated through, stirring occasionally.
YOUR RECENTLY VIEWED RECIPES