Best Ever Noodle Pudding
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
This traditional Jewish dish is sometimes called noodle pudding, but it's best known as noodle kugel! This recipe comes from Howard's Grandma Rose, so you know it's going to be something delicious and special! Grandma Rose's Best Ever Noodle Pudding is sure to be a sweet addition to any menu; with its unique flavors and rich heritage, you can't go wrong!
What You'll Need
- 1 pound medium egg noodles
- 2 sticks (1/2 pound) butter, cut into 1-inch chunks
- 4 ounces cream cheese, cut into 1-inch chunks
- 1 1/2 cups sugar
- 6 eggs, well beaten
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 (16-ounce) container sour cream
- 1 (16-ounce) container small curd cottage cheese
- 9 cinnamon graham crackers, coarsely crushed
What to Do
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Spray a 9- x 13-inch baking dish with cooking spray and set aside.
- In a large pot, cook noodles according to package directions. Drain and return hot noodles to pot. DO NOT RINSE! Add butter and cream cheese to noodles and stir until melted.
- Add sugar, eggs, vanilla, sour cream and cottage cheese; stir until well combined. Pour mixture into baking dish.
- Bake 30 minutes. Remove from oven; top with crushed graham crackers, and bake 15 to 20 minutes more or until a knife inserted in center comes out clean.
Test Kitchen Tips
- Some people insist it's not noodle kugel without raisins, so feel free to add 1/2 cup raisins to mixture before baking. It's up to you!
- If you're looking for a sweeter variation, check out our recipe for Pineapple Noodle Pudding. It's the best of the traditional noodle kugel, with a tropical twist!
- Be sure to check out our wonderful bread pudding recipes! You'll love this "Banana Bread" Bread Pudding because it's a perfectly sweet dessert option that the whole family will love.
- Looking for more Jewish recipes to make your dinner table feel like home? Try our Chocolate Chip Rugelach after dining on our Perfect Potato Pancakes!
If you love these recipes, then you'll love this FREE eCookbook!
Looking for more holiday ideas? Download our free eCookbook!
LATEST TV RECIPE & VIDEO
This Easter Egg Bread recipe is sure to become an Easter tradition for years to come! This eye-catching Easter bread recipe is a pull-apart sweet bread that has colorful Easter eggs baked right in. It's such a sweet and colorful dessert, no one will be able to resist pulling off a piece of this Easter bread recipe. Kids and adults alike will love tearing off a piece and enjoying this sweet, festive sweet bread recipe.