We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
You don't need to be a comic strip hero to build this jaw-dropping Turkey Dagwood sandwich, but you'll sure be a real-life hero to your gang when you serve this classic, piled-high picnic sandwich favorite!
What You'll Need:
- 8 slices sourdough bread, toasted
- 2 ripe avocados, peeled and mashed (see Note)
- 8 lettuce leaves
- 8 (1/4-inch-thick) slices deli turkey breast or 1 package shortcuts turkey
- 4 (1-ounce) slices Monterey Jack or provolone cheese
- 8 tomato slices
- 8 red onion slices
- 8 bacon slices, cooked until crisp
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- Sweet pickles, optional
What To Do:
- Spread mayonnaise on toast. Layer mashed avocado, lettuce, turkey, cheese, tomato, onion and bacon on 4 slices toast.
- Sprinkle with salt and pepper then top with remaining toast. Garnish with sweet pickles, if desired. Serve immediately.
Try this clean and easy way to mash avocados: Place peeled avocado halves in a resealable plastic freezer bag, seal bag and squeeze away!
And if you're looking for a great go-along for this delicious sandwich, try one of our deli salads.
Report Inappropriate Comment
Are you sure you would like to report this comment? It will be flagged for our moderators to take action.
Thank you for taking the time to improve the content on our site.
LATEST TV RECIPE & VIDEO
If your lunch box or afternoon snack could use a little change-of-pace, then you're going to go crazy for these...Crazy Corn Dog Muffins! What's crazy about them? Well, aside from being "crazy good" they're also super easy to make and very portable!
- Pulled Pork Sandwiches
- Italian Style Sourdough Melt
- State Fair Sausage, Peppers, and Onions
- Company Fancy Chicken Wraps
- Sausage, Pepper, and Onion Sandwich
- Pimiento Cheese Sandwiches
- Layered Italian Crescent Ring
- Old-Fashioned Patty Melts
- Ultimate Grilled Cheese Sandwich
- Philly Cheese Steak Sandwiches