We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
You don't need to be a comic strip hero to build this jaw-dropping Turkey Dagwood sandwich, but you'll sure be a real-life hero to your gang when you serve this classic, piled-high picnic sandwich favorite!
What You'll Need:
- 8 slices sourdough bread, toasted
- 2 ripe avocados, peeled and mashed (see Note)
- 8 lettuce leaves
- 8 (1/4-inch-thick) slices deli turkey breast or 1 package shortcuts turkey
- 4 (1-ounce) slices Monterey Jack or provolone cheese
- 8 tomato slices
- 8 red onion slices
- 8 bacon slices, cooked until crisp
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- Sweet pickles, optional
What To Do:
- Spread mayonnaise on toast. Layer mashed avocado, lettuce, turkey, cheese, tomato, onion and bacon on 4 slices toast.
- Sprinkle with salt and pepper then top with remaining toast. Garnish with sweet pickles, if desired. Serve immediately.
Try this clean and easy way to mash avocados: Place peeled avocado halves in a resealable plastic freezer bag, seal bag and squeeze away!
And if you're looking for a great go-along for this delicious sandwich, try one of our deli salads.
Report Inappropriate Comment
Are you sure you would like to report this comment? It will be flagged for our moderators to take action.
Thank you for taking the time to improve the content on our site.
LATEST TV RECIPE & VIDEO
In China, long noodles are eaten during the New Year to symbolize a wish for a long life. Whether or not you celebrate, we think everyone could agree on living a long, happy, and healthy life, which is why we've come up with our own way of making Lucky Chinese Noodles!