We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
This creamy seafood soup has a can of cream of coconut thrown in for a true tropical taste. Island Chowder makes a savory, warm meal or meal starter.
What You'll Need:
- 2 (28-ounce) cans crushed tomatoes
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh basil
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 pound fresh conch, chopped (see Options)
- 1 (15-ounce) can cream of coconut
- 1 cup (1/2 pint) heavy cream
What To Do:
- In a large soup pot, combine the tomatoes, basil, garlic powder, salt, and pepper. Bring to a boil over medium heat, stirring occasionally.
- Stir in the conch and cook for 5 minutes. Reduce the heat to low and slowly stir in the cream of coconut and heavy cream.
- Simmer for 4 to 5 minutes, or until heated through.
If fresh conch isn't available, you can use frozen, or even use fresh scallops or halibut that you've cut into chunks.
LATEST TV RECIPE & VIDEO
Our Kitchen Sink Pie was inspired by the famous "Kitchen Sink" ice cream dessert from Jaxson's Ice Cream Parlor in Florida. Like the original, it's got everything but the kitchen sink, including an ice cream cone crust, piles of ice cream, and all sorts of sundae toppings!