We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
This creamy seafood soup has a can of cream of coconut thrown in for a true tropical taste. Island Chowder makes a savory, warm meal or meal starter.
What You'll Need:
- 2 (28-ounce) cans crushed tomatoes
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh basil
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 pound fresh conch, chopped (see Options)
- 1 (15-ounce) can cream of coconut
- 1 cup (1/2 pint) heavy cream
What To Do:
- In a large soup pot, combine the tomatoes, basil, garlic powder, salt, and pepper. Bring to a boil over medium heat, stirring occasionally.
- Stir in the conch and cook for 5 minutes. Reduce the heat to low and slowly stir in the cream of coconut and heavy cream.
- Simmer for 4 to 5 minutes, or until heated through.
If fresh conch isn't available, you can use frozen, or even use fresh scallops or halibut that you've cut into chunks.
LATEST TV RECIPE & VIDEO
We've got what we think is the Best Broccoli Salad, and we're betting you'll agree! This garden-fresh broccoli salad that's tossed in a creamy homemade dressing and livened up with a few surprises is sure to be one of your favorite easy salad recipes for potluck parties!