We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
This creamy seafood soup has a can of cream of coconut thrown in for a true tropical taste. Island Chowder makes a savory, warm meal or meal starter.
What You'll Need:
- 2 (28-ounce) cans crushed tomatoes
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh basil
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 pound fresh conch, chopped (see Options)
- 1 (15-ounce) can cream of coconut
- 1 cup (1/2 pint) heavy cream
What To Do:
- In a large soup pot, combine the tomatoes, basil, garlic powder, salt, and pepper. Bring to a boil over medium heat, stirring occasionally.
- Stir in the conch and cook for 5 minutes. Reduce the heat to low and slowly stir in the cream of coconut and heavy cream.
- Simmer for 4 to 5 minutes, or until heated through.
If fresh conch isn't available, you can use frozen, or even use fresh scallops or halibut that you've cut into chunks.
LATEST TV RECIPE & VIDEO
If you've ever been to a Southern buffet or a church dinner, then you've probably already experienced the deliciousness of fluff. Fruity, fluffy, creamy, and just a bit crunchy, our Potluck Pistachio Fluff is one dish that doesn't stick around for long. That's 'cause folks will gobble it up so fast, you'll think it disappeared!