Homemade Philly Soft Pretzels
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
Bake up a batch of your very own Soft Pretzels, just like the ones street vendors in Philadelphia and other big cities sell! Put out some mustard for dipping and enjoy the tasty experience!
What You'll Need:
- 1 pound frozen bread dough, thawed
- 1 egg white
- 1 tablespoon water
- 1 teaspoon (coarse) salt (see Note)
What To Do:
- Coat 2 large rimmed baking sheets with nonstick cooking spray.
- Cut dough into four equal pieces. On a lightly floured surface, roll each piece into a 24-inch rope; form into a pretzel shape and place on baking sheets.
- In a small bowl, beat together egg white and water; brush over top of each pretzel. Sprinkle evenly with kosher salt. Loosely cover with plastic wrap and set aside in a warm place to rise for 15 minutes. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Remove plastic wrap and bake pretzels 15 to 17 minutes, or until golden. Serve warm.
For a little variety, top these with minced onion or garlic salt instead of coarse salt.
DID YOU KNOW…that more than half of the 400 million pounds of pretzels made annually in the United States are produced in Pennsylvania?
Report Inappropriate Comment
Are you sure you would like to report this comment? It will be flagged for our moderators to take action.
Thank you for taking the time to improve the content on our site.
LATEST TV RECIPE & VIDEO
Recreate an entree that's restaurant-fancy in your own kitchen with our recipe for Bacon Wrapped Pork Fillets. Perfectly cooked pork loin fillets get wrapped up in pan-fried bacon strips and drizzled with a savory and flavor-packed glaze.