We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
Melt-in-your-mouth Oatmeal Bars are a healthy cookie option that tastes so good, no one will even realize how wholesome and nutritious they are!
What You'll Need:
- 1 cup (2 sticks) butter
- 1 tablespoon maple or maple-flavored syrup
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon ground allspice
- 2 cups quick-cooking or old-fashioned rolled oats
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup chocolate chips or raisins (optional)
What To Do:
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Coat a 9- x 13-inch baking dish with cooking spray.
- Melt butter and syrup over low heat on stovetop or in microwave.
- In a large bowl, combine butter mixture, baking soda, and allspice; mix well and let cool.
- Add rolled oats, flour, sugar, and chocolate chips or raisins, if desired; mix well. Press dough into prepared baking dish.
- Bake 15 to 20 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted in center comes out clean. Let cool 10 minutes then immediately cut into bars; let cool completely then cut through again.
Like this recipe? Then you'll love the Mr. Food Light, Simple and Tasty Recipes free eCookbook!
Report Inappropriate Comment
Are you sure you would like to report this comment? It will be flagged for our moderators to take action.
Thank you for taking the time to improve the content on our site.
LATEST TV RECIPE & VIDEO
Brunch will never be the same once you've tried our recipe for Eggs Benedict Casserole. This make-ahead take on a classic breakfast recipe will impress everyone. From the moment it's set on the table, to the moment they clear their plates they'll be showering you with compliments!