We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
This easy recipe for Oatmeal Bars is melt-in-your-mouth delicious. Maple syrup, chocolate chips, and a bit of allspice give these oatmeal bars their distinctive, old-fashioned taste. These crumbly Oatmeal Bars make are great for snackin' on anytime of the day!
What You'll Need:
- 1 cup (2 sticks) butter
- 1 tablespoon maple or maple-flavored syrup
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon ground allspice
- 2 cups quick-cooking or old-fashioned rolled oats
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup chocolate chips or raisins (optional)
What To Do:
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Coat a 9- x 13-inch baking dish with cooking spray.
- Melt butter and syrup over low heat on stovetop or in microwave.
- In a large bowl, combine butter mixture, baking soda, and allspice; mix well and let cool.
- Add rolled oats, flour, sugar, and chocolate chips or raisins, if desired; mix well. Press dough into prepared baking dish.
- Bake 15 to 20 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted in center comes out clean. Let cool 10 minutes then immediately cut into bars; let cool completely then cut through again.
- When we're craving peanut butter, we reach for one of our Peanut Butter Laced Oatmeal Bars!
- We think oatmeal makes a tasty ingredient in desserts, which is why we've put together a collection of 10 Easy Oatmeal Dessert Recipes.
- Like this recipe? Then you'll love the Mr. Food Light, Simple and Tasty Recipes free eCookbook!
Report Inappropriate Comment
Are you sure you would like to report this comment? It will be flagged for our moderators to take action.
Thank you for taking the time to improve the content on our site.