We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
After you try this quick homemade vegetable soup with the bonus of cheese tortellini, youâ€™ll never go back to canned again! Itâ€™s flavor-packed and tastes long-cooked!
What You'll Need:
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 medium-sized onion, chopped
- 2 (14-1/2-ounce) cans diced tomatoes, undrained
- 2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 2 garlic cloves, chopped
- 1/4 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 4 cups water
- 3 (10-1/2-ounce) cans condensed chicken broth
- 1 (19-ounce) package frozen or refrigerated cheese tortellini (see Options)
- 1 (10-ounce) package frozen spinach, thawed and drained
What To Do:
- In a large soup pot, heat oil over medium-high heat.
- Saute onion until tender then add tomatoes, vinegar, garlic, oregano, salt, and pepper; cook 5 to 7 minutes, or until heated through.
- Stir in water and broth and bring to a boil. Add tortellini and spinach and cook 6 to 8 minutes, or until tortellini are tender. Serve immediately.
There are loads of different types of tortellini, with yummy fillings like smoked sausage and four-cheese blends, so be adventurous and try a different one each time you make this.
Report Inappropriate Comment
Are you sure you would like to report this comment? It will be flagged for our moderators to take action.
Thank you for taking the time to improve the content on our site.
LATEST TV RECIPE & VIDEO
Ever heard of a "pizookie" before? It's basically a big pizza-shaped cookie, and if you think that sounds good, then you're gonna LOVE our stuffed version! Our Candy Bar Pizookie features your favorite candy bars, and a chocolaty, nutty topping that just really puts this cookie over the top!