Light Turkey Pot Pie
- COOK TIME
- 50 Min
- READY IN
- 50 Min
Frozen pot pies are often full of artificial flavors and preservatives. When you make them fresh at home you can be sure you'll be serving only the best!
What You'll Need:
cup reduced-sodium chicken broth
1 small onion, chopped
1 (10-ounce) package frozen peas and carrots, thawed
3 tablespoons cornstarch
1 (12-ounce) can evaporated skim milk
3 cups cubed cooked turkey breast (about 1 pound) (fresh-cooked or deli-style)
teaspoon dried parsley flakes
teaspoon ground sage
teaspoon black pepper
3 sheets, (12-inch x 17-inch each) frozen phyllo dough (from a 1-pound box)
What To Do:
- Preheat oven to 350 degree F. Coat a 7" x 11" baking dish with cooking spray.
- In a medium saucepan, combine broth, onions, and peas and carrots combination. Bring to a boil over medium-high heat; reduce heat to low and simmer 5 minutes.
- In a medium bowl, combine cornstarch and evaporated milk; stir until cornstarch is dissolved and mixture is smooth. Slowly stir milk mixture into broth. Add turkey, parsley, sage, and pepper. Continue cooking, stirring constantly, until mixture has thickened then pour into prepared baking dish.
- Cut sheets of phyllo dough in half crosswise. Place one sheet over turkey mixture, tucking edges down into turkey mixture to seal completely. Coat dough with cooking spray. Repeat layers until all the phyllo dough is used.
- Bake 40 to 45 minutes, or until crust is golden.
Allow the phyllo dough to thaw while wrapped. Once it has thawed, remove 3 sheets from the package and cover them with a moistened cloth until ready to use, to keep them from drying out. Wrap and refrigerate the remaining dough.
YOUR RECENTLY VIEWED RECIPES
04 02 12