Light Turkey Pot Pie
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
Frozen pot pies are often full of artificial flavors and preservatives. When you make them fresh at home you can be sure you'll be serving only the best!
What You'll Need:
- 1 3/4 cups reduced-sodium chicken broth
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1 (10-ounce) package frozen peas and carrots, thawed
- 3 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1 (12-ounce) can evaporated skim milk
- 3 cups cubed cooked turkey breast (about 1 pound) (fresh-cooked or deli-style)
- 1/2 teaspoon dried parsley flakes
- 3/4 teaspoon ground sage
- 1/8 teaspoon black pepper
- 3 sheets, (12-inch x 17-inch each) frozen phyllo dough (from a 1-pound box)
- Cooking spray
What To Do:
- Preheat oven to 350 degree F. Coat a 7" x 11" baking dish with cooking spray.
- In a medium saucepan, combine broth, onions, and peas and carrots combination. Bring to a boil over medium-high heat; reduce heat to low and simmer 5 minutes.
- In a medium bowl, combine cornstarch and evaporated milk; stir until cornstarch is dissolved and mixture is smooth. Slowly stir milk mixture into broth. Add turkey, parsley, sage, and pepper. Continue cooking, stirring constantly, until mixture has thickened then pour into prepared baking dish.
- Cut sheets of phyllo dough in half crosswise. Place one sheet over turkey mixture, tucking edges down into turkey mixture to seal completely. Coat dough with cooking spray. Repeat layers until all the phyllo dough is used.
- Bake 40 to 45 minutes, or until crust is golden.
Allow the phyllo dough to thaw while wrapped. Once it has thawed, remove 3 sheets from the package and cover them with a moistened cloth until ready to use, to keep them from drying out. Wrap and refrigerate the remaining dough.
Report Inappropriate Comment
Are you sure you would like to report this comment? It will be flagged for our moderators to take action.
Thank you for taking the time to improve the content on our site.
LATEST TV RECIPE & VIDEO
Craving a homemade dessert, but don't feel like baking? Then our recipe for No-Bake Lemonade Cheesecakes is right up your alley! In less than 10 minutes you can whip up this 5-ingredient dessert recipe that'll have you dreaming of breezy blue skies and fields of fresh berries.