We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
How about a change of pace and try this Orange Duck? It's got a great citrus flavor...with a little kick.
What You'll Need:
- 1 5- to 6-pound duck, cut in half (see Tip)
- 1 tablespoon plus 1 teaspoon salt, divided
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 jar (12 ounces) orange marmalade
- 1 can (11 ounces) mandarin oranges, drained
- 1/8 teaspoon ground red pepper
What To Do:
- Preheat the oven to 450 degree F.
- Season the duck on both sides, sprinkling evenly with 1 tablespoon salt and the pepper. Place on a rack in a roasting pan and prick the skin all over with a fork. Roast for 45 minutes.
- Meanwhile, in a medium bowl, combine the marmalade, the remaining 1 teaspoon salt, the mandarin oranges, and ground red pepper; mix well, and reserve all but 1/2 cup of the mixture. Remove the duck from the oven and spread the remaining 1/2 cup marmalade mixture over it.
- Reduce the oven temperature to 325 degree F. and roast the duck for about 1 hour, or until the juices run clear and a meat thermometer inserted in the center reads 165 degree F. Serve the duck topped with the reserved sauce.
- Preparation tip: If the duck is frozen when purchased, ask the butcher to cut it in half for you.
- Looking for more traditional Chinese food recipes you can easily make at home? Don't miss our collection of 26 Takeout Dishes to Make at Home: Easy Chinese Recipes!
LATEST TV RECIPE & VIDEO
Save the scrambling for the eggs 'cause this easy breakfast recipe comes together in just about a minute! Our scrumptious Breakfast Bowl Scramble is a super simple microwave recipe that's packed with protein, to help keep you sharp all morning long!