We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
How about a change of pace and try this Orange Duck? It's got a great citrus flavor...with a little kick.
What You'll Need:
- 1 5- to 6-pound duck, cut in half (see Tip)
- 1 tablespoon plus 1 teaspoon salt, divided
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 jar (12 ounces) orange marmalade
- 1 can (11 ounces) mandarin oranges, drained
- 1/8 teaspoon ground red pepper
What To Do:
- Preheat the oven to 450 degree F.
- Season the duck on both sides, sprinkling evenly with 1 tablespoon salt and the pepper. Place on a rack in a roasting pan and prick the skin all over with a fork. Roast for 45 minutes.
- Meanwhile, in a medium bowl, combine the marmalade, the remaining 1 teaspoon salt, the mandarin oranges, and ground red pepper; mix well, and reserve all but 1/2 cup of the mixture. Remove the duck from the oven and spread the remaining 1/2 cup marmalade mixture over it.
- Reduce the oven temperature to 325 degree F. and roast the duck for about 1 hour, or until the juices run clear and a meat thermometer inserted in the center reads 165 degree F. Serve the duck topped with the reserved sauce.
- Preparation tip: If the duck is frozen when purchased, ask the butcher to cut it in half for you.
- Looking for more traditional Chinese food recipes you can easily make at home? Don't miss our collection of 26 Takeout Dishes to Make at Home: Easy Chinese Recipes!
Report Inappropriate Comment
Are you sure you would like to report this comment? It will be flagged for our moderators to take action.
Thank you for taking the time to improve the content on our site.
LATEST TV RECIPE & VIDEO
If you're a lover of crispy-crunchy snacks, then you're really going to enjoy this recipe for Crispy Green Bean Fries. Lightly-breaded green beans are baked until they're perfectly crispy, so you can enjoy healthier and yummier snacking.