Dutch Red Cabbage
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
Move over, boring side dishes! Our Dutch Red Cabbage is an old favorite that we know you're gonna love.
What You'll Need:
- 1 red cabbage, shredded (about 2-3/4 pounds)
- 2 Granny Smith apples, peeled and chopped
- 1/4 cup butter
- 1/4 cup dry red wine
- 1/3 cup brown sugar
- 1 1/2 teaspoons salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1/2 cup coarsely chopped cooked bacon
What To Do:
In a large soup pot over medium heat, combine all ingredients; bring to a boil. Cover and reduce heat to low.
Simmer 30 minutes, or until cabbage is tender, stirring occasionally.
Red wine vinegar can be substituted for wine. Just add an additional 1/4 cup sugar.
- This is a great go-along with almost any main dish, but we served it up with our Dining Car Steak -- yummy!
Report Inappropriate Comment
Are you sure you would like to report this comment? It will be flagged for our moderators to take action.
Thank you for taking the time to improve the content on our site.
LATEST TV RECIPE & VIDEO
Take a day off from your ordinary dinner routine to make this extraordinary Layered Italian Crescent Ring. It's as easy as layering some of your favorite Italian sub ingredients and wrapping them up in a cozy crescent dough blanket. The whole family is going to love this one!
- Best Broccoli Salad
- Zucchini Squares
- Aunt Nellie's Cabbage Fritters
- Fried Cabbage
- Incredibly Easy Broccoli Recipes: 26 Broccoli Casserole Recipes, Side Dishes, and More
- Amazing Asparagus Quiche
- Spring Veggie Fever: 25 Mouthwatering Spring Vegetable Recipes
- Amish Broccoli Bake
- Carrot Bake
- Simple Roasted Asparagus