We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
Delight the family with a wholesome New England-style dish they'll love. Our Homestyle Cabbage is baked to perfection with onions, peppers, tomatoes, and cheese. It'll have you sayin', "OOH IT'S SO GOOD!!"
What You'll Need:
- 1 cabbage, cut into 6 wedges, core removed
- 1 onion, thinly sliced
- 1 green bell pepper, thinly sliced into rings
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 2 tablespoons (1/4 stick) butter
- 1 (28 ounce) can whole tomatoes, drained, broken up
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded Cheddar cheese
What To Do:
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Place cabbage wedges in a large pot; add about 1 inch of lightly salted water, cover, and boil 10 minutes.
- Meanwhile, in a medium-sized saucepan over medium heat, cook onion, green pepper, and sugar in butter until vegetables are tender, stirring constantly. Stir in tomatoes, salt, and black pepper.
- Drain cabbage well, then carefully place wedges in a greased 9- x 13-inch baking pan.
- Pour vegetable mixture over cabbage. Sprinkle cheese over vegetables and bake 20 to 30 minutes or until heated through.
Report Inappropriate Comment
Are you sure you would like to report this comment? It will be flagged for our moderators to take action.
Thank you for taking the time to improve the content on our site.
LATEST TV RECIPE & VIDEO
Take a day off from your ordinary dinner routine to make this extraordinary Layered Italian Crescent Ring. It's as easy as layering some of your favorite Italian sub ingredients and wrapping them up in a cozy crescent dough blanket. The whole family is going to love this one!
- Best Broccoli Salad
- Zucchini Squares
- Aunt Nellie's Cabbage Fritters
- Fried Cabbage
- Incredibly Easy Broccoli Recipes: 26 Broccoli Casserole Recipes, Side Dishes, and More
- Amazing Asparagus Quiche
- Spring Veggie Fever: 25 Mouthwatering Spring Vegetable Recipes
- Amish Broccoli Bake
- Carrot Bake
- Simple Roasted Asparagus