Cold Fudge Cake
This recipe was under lock and key with our Test Kitchen supervisor for years. It was a family recipe and she finally did share it with us. So, here you go. Make sure you let us know how much you like Cold Fudge Cake in the recipe comments below.
What You'll Need
- 3/4 cup (1-1/2 sticks) butter, melted
- 1 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 cup chopped walnuts, divided
- 2 (4-serving-size) packages instant chocolate pudding mix
- 3 cup milk
- 12 ounce cream cheese, softened
- 1 cup confectioners' sugar
- 1 (16-ounce) container frozen whipped topping, thawed, divided
What to Do
Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
In a medium bowl, combine the melted butter, flour, and 3/4 cup nuts. Press mixture into a 9- x 13-inch baking dish.
Bake 10 to 12 minutes, or until a firm crust forms; let cool.
In a medium bowl, whisk together pudding mix and milk until thickened; set aside. In another medium bowl, combine cream cheese, confectioners' sugar, and half the whipped topping; mix well.
Using a wet table knife, spread cream cheese mixture over top of cooled crust. Spoon chocolate pudding mixture over top of cream cheese mixture then top with remaining whipped topping. Sprinkle remaining walnuts on top.
- Cover and chill overnight, or at least 6 hours. Refrigerate any leftovers.
- Serve this with a cup of our Steaming Mocha Cocoa or a tall glass of milk for a heavenly combination!
- We call this recipe Cold Fudge Cake, but you may know it as Texas Yum Yum Cake. Either way, it's the perfect crowd-pleaser! For more Texas recipes (including our Texas Sheet Cake!) click here.
- Want even more easy fudge recipes? Check out our collection of To-Die-For Chocolate Fudge Recipes: 8 Homemade Fudge Recipes.