Mocha Latte Syrup
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
The coffee craze is nothing new, but did you know you can enjoy a delicious latte at home for just a fraction of the cost? Yep, whip up a batch of our Mocha Latte Syrup and enjoy homemade latte goodness!
What You'll Need
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1/3 cup unsweetened cocoa
- 1/4 cup instant espresso
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 cup water
- 2 tablespoons vanilla extract
What to Do
- In a medium saucepan, combine the sugar, cocoa, espresso, and cinnamon. Whisk in the water and bring to a boil over medium heat. Boil for 1 minute, stirring often.
- Remove from the heat and stir in the vanilla. Let cool then pour into a jar, cover and refrigerate for up to 2 weeks. Use to make Mocha Latte (below).
Mocha Latte Syrup yields about 1 cup (enough for 16 lattes).
1 cup half-and-half
1 tablespoon Mocha Latte Syrup (above)
1. Place the half-and-half in a microwave-safe mug and heat in the microwave until hot.
2. Add the Mocha Latte Syrup and stir until well combined. Serve immediately.
POPULAR COFFEE BEVERAGES
Espresso is a strong, robust, Italian-style black coffee. Prepared by forcing steam through roasted dark coffee beans, espresso is traditionally served in a preheated demitasse cup. When made correctly, espresso has a top layer of golden foam, called crema. Its rich flavor is the perfect pick-me-up and makes it an ideal after-dinner beverage. Cappuccino is a coffee beverage made with one-third fresh espresso and two-thirds frothy foamed milk. It has a frothy cream top, and is typically served topped with a sprinkle of cocoa powder and/or ground cinnamon. Cappuccino is often served iced as a hot-weather refresher. Caffé Latte is a milky coffee beverage that is lighter in texture and flavor than straight coffee or espresso. It is made with a single shot of espresso and steamed (not frothed) milk. Steaming the milk gives the drink a smooth texture. Latte is great anytime and is also often served iced.
Report Inappropriate Comment
Are you sure you would like to report this comment? It will be flagged for our moderators to take action.
Thank you for taking the time to improve the content on our site.
LATEST TV RECIPE & VIDEO
Freshly squeezed orange juice helps turn these Double-Orange Glazed Cookies into a tasty, sunny treat that they won't be able to stop snackin' on. Bake these "doubly-orangey-good" cookies when you're looking for a sunshine-y way to brighten up your gang!