We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
This thick, delightful stew is just crammed with meat, veggies, and exotic flavor! If your gang is tired of the typical meat-and-potatoes, they'll go wild for Lamb Stew!
What You'll Need
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 3 pounds lamb stew meat
- 2 cups water
- 3 tomatoes, chopped
- 2 onions, chopped
- 2 green bell peppers, diced
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 teaspoon hot pepper sauce
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1 tablespoon salt
What to Do
- In a large soup pot, heat the oil over medium-high heat. Add the lamb and brown on all sides for 5 to 7 minutes.
- Add the water, cover, and simmer on low heat for 15 minutes. Stir in the remaining ingredients and bring to a boil, uncovered, over high heat.
- Reduce the heat to low and simmer for 45 to 50 minutes, or until the vegetables are tender and the mixture is thickened.
Check out the honey section of your supermarket. Each different kind of honey will give this dish a unique taste. My favorite is the most common type - clover honey.
LATEST TV RECIPE & VIDEO
We've made a rise 'n' shine pastry that you can enjoy with your morning cup of coffee that has...well, a twist to it! Our Chocolate Peanut Butter Twists are pretty enough to serve for a special brunch, but easy enough that anyone can make 'em. Plus, they feature everyone's favorite combo of chocolate and peanut butter!