Easy Roasted Chicken and Veggies
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
- CHILL TIME
- 5 Min
- COOK TIME
- 22 Min
Roasting an entire chicken in a conventional oven takes hours! Now we can use our microwaves to give us winning homestyle roasted chicken any night of the week!
What You'll Need
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 4 medium potatoes, peeled and cut into 1-inch chunks
- 2 ribs celery, cut into 1-inch chunks
- 2 carrots, peeled and cut into 1-inch chunks
- 1 onion, cut into 1-inch chunks
- 1 (3- to 3-1/2-pound) chicken
- 1 teaspoon browning and seasoning sauce
What to Do
- In a small bowl, combine the paprika, onion powder, garlic powder, salt, and pepper. In a large bowl, combine the potatoes, celery, carrots, and onion. Add half of the seasoning mixture and toss until the vegetables are thoroughly coated.
- Place the chicken in a microwave-safe 9" x 13" baking dish. Brush the chicken with the browning and seasoning sauce, then sprinkle with the remaining seasoning mixture. Arrange the vegetables around the chicken.
- Cover and microwave at 90% power for 18 to 22 minutes, or until no pink remains in the chicken and the vegetables are tender. Let chicken sit for 5 minutes before slicing and serving.
Serve this tender, juicy chicken with your favorite quick stuffing and tossed greens for a complete homestyle meal in less than 30 minutes!