Microwave Chocolate Almond Truffles
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
- 2 dozen truffles
- CHILL TIME
- 3 Hr
- COOK TIME
- 3 Min
We don't need a full-service bakery to churn out these little goodies! With a microwave, making our homemade Microwave Chocolate Almond Truffles is easy-peasy!
What You'll Need
- 1 cup (1/2 pint) heavy cream
- 6 tablespoons butter, cut into pieces
- 1 package (12 ounces) semisweet chocolate chips
- 2 cups confectioners' sugar
- 1 teaspoon almond extract
- 1 1/2 cups chopped sliced blanched almonds
What to Do
- In a large microwave-safe bowl, combine the heavy cream and butter; microwave at 80% power for 2 minutes. Add the chocolate chips, stir, and microwave at 80% power for 30 seconds, stirring halfway through heating.
- Add the confectioners' sugar and almond extract; stir until well combined. Cover and chill for 2 hours, or until firm enough to form into balls.
- Place the almonds in a shallow dish. Form the chocolate mixture into 24 one-inch balls and roll the balls in the almonds, covering completely. Place on a platter, cover, and chill for 1 hour, or until firm.
These make great gifts for a special occasion or any time you want to make someone's day. Simply place a few truffles in a gift tin or box, surround with festive tissue paper, and get ready to share the smiles!
Want to see how easy it is to melt chocolate in the microwave? Click here to watch our video!
Report Inappropriate Comment
Are you sure you would like to report this comment? It will be flagged for our moderators to take action.
Thank you for taking the time to improve the content on our site.
LATEST TV RECIPE & VIDEO
German Potato Salad isn't creamy like some of the traditional American potato salads you may be used to, but that doesn't mean it isn't as delicious! Our German Potato Salad has a sweet vinegary base and includes tasty ingredients like bacon, onion and fresh parsley.