Cheddar Drop Biscuits
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
You know what makes a simple biscuit recipe even better? Adding a bit of cheese, of course! This easy recipe for Cheddar Drop Biscuits is a cut above the rest because we've added plenty of warm, melted cheese inside to make 'em better than ever. Try different varieties of cheese to make these biscuits one-of-a-kind!
What You'll Need
- 2 cups biscuit baking mix
- 1/2 cup (2 ounces) shredded sharp Cheddar cheese
- 3/4 cup milk
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1/2 teaspoon chopped parsley
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
What to Do
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees F. Coat a baking sheet with cooking spray.
- In a medium bowl, combine baking mix and cheese; make a well in center of mixture. Add milk, stirring just until moist. Drop dough by rounded tablespoonfuls 2 inches apart onto prepared baking sheet.
- Bake 8 minutes, or until golden.
- In a small bowl, combine butter, parsley, and garlic powder; brush over warm biscuits and serve.
- Due to the higher proportion of liquid to dry ingredients, drop biscuits have a thick batter instead of a soft dough like that of rolled biscuits. That's why they're dropped instead of kneaded and rolled. And because they're dropped, these biscuits take a lot less time to prepare than the rolled variety.
- Be sure to check out our collection of easy biscuit and roll recipes!
LATEST TV RECIPE & VIDEO
This Good Ol' Tuna Noodle Casserole is filled with the mouthwatering flavors that you love in hearty dinner. We even made this classic recipe even easier with a few shortcuts to get you in and out of the kitchen and dinner on the table faster!