The Originators of Quick & Easy Cooking!
Mean & Lean Sausage Scramble
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
Click here to view your Recipe Box.
- CHILL TIME
- 2 Min
- COOK TIME
- 7 Min
When we're all on the run and there's no time to lose, we can still have a breakfast that'll keep us going all morning long!
What You'll Need
- 1/4 pound bulk Italian sausage
- 1 (8-3/4-ounce) can whole-kernel corn, drained
- 2 scallions, thinly sliced
- 5 eggs
- 1/3 cup fat-free (skim) milk
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
What to Do
- Place 2 paper towels in a microwave-safe 9-inch pie plate. Crumble sausage onto the paper towels then covere with an additional paper towel.
- Microwave the sausage at 90% power for 2 minutes. Remove the paper towels then stir in the corn and scallions; spread the mixture evenly over the bottom of the plate. Microwave at 90% power for 1 minute.
- In a medium bowl, beat the eggs, milk, salt, and pepper until well combined. Pour over the sausage mixture. Cover with plastic wrap and microwave at 90% power for 2 minutes. Stir, moving the cooked mixture toward the center of the dish. Cover and microwave at 90% power for 2 minutes.
- Let stand, covered, for 1 to 2 minutes, or until the eggs are set. Cut into wedges and serve.
Add some shredded Cheddar, Muenster, or a favorite cheese blend to the mix.
LATEST TV RECIPE & VIDEO
Don't let the name scare ya! Shakshuka is basically eggs, cooked in a flavor-packed, chunky tomato sauce. Our Simple Shakshuka is inspired by the dish that originated in North Africa, and that's now popular all over the world. Just wait until you taste how great it is!