Microwave Jerk Chicken
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
This flavorful dish, which origniated in the Caribbean, is made with a make-your-own jerk seasoning that really packs a punch! This super seasoning works great on both chicken and pork, so give 'em a try!
What You'll Need
- 1/3 cup red wine vinegar
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 tablespoons light brown sugar
- 5 scallions, thinly sliced
- 2 teaspoons hot pepper sauce
- 1 1/4 teaspoons allspice
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 4 boneless, skinless chicken breast halves (1 to 1 pounds total)
What to Do
- In a medium bowl, combine all the ingredients except the chicken; mix well. Add the chicken and marinate in the refrigerator for at least 2 hours.
- Coat a microwave-safe 9" x 13" baking dish with nonstick cooking spray. Add the chicken, discard the marinade.
- Microwave at 80% power for 6 to 7 minutes, or until no pink remains in the chicken.
Jerk seasoning blends start with the same basic ingredients, but can be varied depending on what we're in the mood for. Don't be afraid to add a different spice now and the, such as cinnamon, ginger, cloves, or even chili powder for an extra kick.
LATEST TV RECIPE & VIDEO
Looking for a twist on boring old salads? Our South-of-the-Border BBQ Chicken Salad is going to be a flavor loaded way to chow down on something light. This BBQ chicken salad recipe is simple, fast, and insanely delicious. One bit and you'll know what we mean!