Tortilla Chicken Soup
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
Spice up your next chicken soup with the tastes from south of the border! How spicy is it? Well, that's up to you! And whether you prefer your soup mild or spicy, it's a real treat when you want to stay home but still enjoy authentic Mexican flavors.
What You'll Need
- 2 (14-ounce) cans ready-to-use chicken broth
- 1/2 cup water
- 1 cup medium or hot salsa
- 1/2 pound boneless, skinless chicken breasts, cut into 1/2-inch chunks
- 2 6-inch flour tortillas, cut into 3" x 1/4" strips
- 1/2 cup (2 ounces) finely shredded Cheddar cheese
- 2 scallions, thinly sliced
What to Do
- In a microwave-safe 2-quart bowl, combine the chicken broth, water, salsa, and chicken chunks; mix well.
- Cover and microwave at 90% power for 13 minutes.
- Remove the soup from the microwave and add the tortilla strips; mix well. Ladle into bowls, sprinkle each serving with cheese and scallions, and serve.
Report Inappropriate Comment
Are you sure you would like to report this comment? It will be flagged for our moderators to take action.
Thank you for taking the time to improve the content on our site.
LATEST TV RECIPE & VIDEO
Sparks will surely fly at your table when you serve up our zesty-tasting Firecracker Barbecued Pork! We made this with a special-tasting glaze that combines the sweetness of barbecue sauce and marmalade, along with a kick of hot pepper sauce and horseradish, for an explosion of flavor in your mouth! This is one recipe we guarantee will have you saying, "OOH IT'S SO GOOD!!"