We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
Did you know that this affordable veggie is easy to prepare. It's also full of flavor, as well as high in fiber, minerals, and vitamins - including vitamin C. All the more reason to enjoy Fiesta Cabbage!
What You'll Need
- 1 pound kielbasa, cut into 1/4-inch-thick slices
- 1 red onion, diced
- 1 green bell pepper, diced
- 1 cabbage (about 2-1/2 pounds), chopped into bite-sized pieces
- 1 (14-1/2 ounce) can diced tomatoes, undrained
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
What to Do
Heat a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Add kielbasa, and saute until browned. Remove sausage with a slotted spoon, and drain on paper towels, reserving drippings in skillet. Set aside.
Saute onion and bell pepper in hot drippings in skillet over medium-high heat 3 minutes. Stir in cabbage; cover and cook 15 minutes or until vegetables are tender, stirring occasionally.
Stir in cooked sausage, tomatoes, salt, and black pepper. Cook until thoroughly heated.
Choose a cabbage that's heavy for its size, with crisp, tightly packed leaves. It can be stored in a resealable plastic bag in the fridge for up to 2 weeks.
Nutritional InformationShow More
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Calories 197
- Calories from Fat 63
- Total Fat 7.0g 11 %
- Saturated Fat 2.1g 11 %
- Trans Fat 0.0g 0 %
- Protein 16g 31 %
- Cholesterol 41mg 14 %
- Sodium 1,211mg 50 %
- Total Carbohydrates 21g 7 %
- Dietary Fiber 7.9g 31 %
- Sugars 10g 0 %
Report Inappropriate Comment
Are you sure you would like to report this comment? It will be flagged for our moderators to take action.
Thank you for taking the time to improve the content on our site.
- How to Make Meatloaf: 20 of Our Best Meatloaf Recipes
- Let’s Get Grilling!: 30 Easy Grill Recipes Free eCookbook
- Oniony Polish Sausage
- Cozy Mealtime: 16 Old-Fashioned Brisket Recipes and Pot Roast Recipes
- Root Beer Dogs
- Dressed Up Weenie Wellingtons
- Polish Sausage & Pierogi Foil Packs
- Easter Meat Pie
- Pronto Pups Corn Dogs
- NY Vendor Hot Dogs