We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
Did you know that this affordable veggie is easy to prepare. It's also full of flavor, as well as high in fiber, minerals, and vitamins - including vitamin C. All the more reason to enjoy Fiesta Cabbage!
What You'll Need:
- 1 pound kielbasa, cut into 1/4-inch-thick slices
- 1 red onion, diced
- 1 green bell pepper, diced
- 1 cabbage (about 2-1/2 pounds), chopped into bite-sized pieces
- 1 (14-1/2 ounce) can diced tomatoes, undrained
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
What To Do:
Heat a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Add kielbasa, and saute until browned. Remove sausage with a slotted spoon, and drain on paper towels, reserving drippings in skillet. Set aside.
Saute onion and bell pepper in hot drippings in skillet over medium-high heat 3 minutes. Stir in cabbage; cover and cook 15 minutes or until vegetables are tender, stirring occasionally.
Stir in cooked sausage, tomatoes, salt, and black pepper. Cook until thoroughly heated.
Choose a cabbage that's heavy for its size, with crisp, tightly packed leaves. It can be stored in a resealable plastic bag in the fridge for up to 2 weeks.
Nutritional InformationShow More
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Calories 171
- Calories from Fat 120
- Total Fat 13g 20 %
- Saturated Fat 4.7g 24 %
- Trans Fat 0.0g 0 %
- Protein 9.9g 20 %
- Cholesterol 53mg 18 %
- Sodium 1,295mg 54 %
- Total Carbohydrates 3.1g 1 %
- Dietary Fiber 0.0g 0 %
- Sugars 0.0g 0 %
Report Inappropriate Comment
Are you sure you would like to report this comment? It will be flagged for our moderators to take action.
Thank you for taking the time to improve the content on our site.
- How to Make Meatloaf: 20 of Our Best Meatloaf Recipes
- Polish Sausage & Pierogi Foil Packs
- Pronto Pups Corn Dogs
- Root Beer Dogs
- Let’s Get Grilling!: 30 Easy Grill Recipes Free eCookbook
- Hot Ham and Cheese Roll Ups
- Mr. Food's 24 Best Grilling Recipes
- Dressed Up Weenie Wellingtons
- Cozy Mealtime: 16 Old-Fashioned Brisket Recipes and Pot Roast Recipes
- All in One Kielbasa