We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
- about 2 dozen poppers
- COOK TIME
- 10 Min
Trendy restaurants serve cheese-stuffed jalapeno peppers as an appetizer. And you can make your kitchen just as trendy when you make Jalapeno Poppers yourself.
What You'll Need:
- 12 medium-sized fresh jalapeno peppers
- 1 (8-ounce) package cream cheese, softened
- 1 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 cup all-purpose flour, divided
- 1/2 cup cornmeal, divided
- 3/4 cup milk
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- Vegetable oil for deep-frying
What To Do:
- Split peppers in half lengthwise, cutting through stems, then remove the seeds.
- In a small bowl, combine cream cheese and Parmesan cheese. Firmly press a heaping teaspoonful of the cheese mixture into each pepper half . Cover and chill for at least 2 hours.
- In a medium bowl, combine 1/2 cup flour, 1/4 cup cornmeal, the milk, salt, and pepper. In another medium bowl, combine the remaining 1/2 cup flour and 1/4 cup cornmeal.
- Dip stuffed pepper halves into milk mixture then into the dry mixture, coating thoroughly with each.
- Fill a large saucepan or soup pot with 2 inches of vegetable oil and heat over medium-high heat until hot but not smoking. Carefully fry a few peppers at a time for 2 to 3 minutes, or until golden. Drain on paper towels and serve immediately.
Report Inappropriate Comment
Are you sure you would like to report this comment? It will be flagged for our moderators to take action.
Thank you for taking the time to improve the content on our site.
LATEST TV RECIPE & VIDEO
Cupid's Love Pies are a great way to share the love with friends and family, especially when they're made with lots of love. Bake these heart-shaped hand pies, filled with creamy chocolate hazelnut and strawberry jam, and get ready to receive lots of hugs and kisses!