Our Favorite Meat Loaf
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
Our Favorite Meat Loaf is sure to be your favorite meat loaf, too. This classic comfort recipe will take your taste buds down meat loaf memory lane. Don't forget to serve it up with some creamy mashed potatoes!
What You'll Need:
- 1 1/2 pounds ground beef
- 3 slices white bread, torn into small pieces
- 1 small onion, finely chopped
- 1 egg
- 1/4 cup milk
- 1/4 teaspoon dry mustard
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 3 tablespoons ketchup (see Options)
What To Do:
Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
In a large bowl, combine all ingredients except ketchup; mix well. Press mixture evenly into a 9" x 5" loaf pan; spread ketchup over top.
- Bake 60 to 65 minutes, or until no pink remains and juices run clear. Remove from oven, drain, and allow to sit 5 minutes before slicing and serving.
If you prefer to do without the ketchup, that’s okay. You could use spaghetti sauce or just leave the top plain. We like to serve this with lots of gravy. Mmmm...
What's more comforting with our homemade meat loaf than homemade mashed potatoes? Try our Rainbow Mashed Potatoes plain or colored with bright vegetables.
- Looking for more easy meatloaf recipes? Then you'll love our latest recipe collection, How to Make Meatloaf: 17 of Our Best Meatloaf Recipes.
Report Inappropriate Comment
Are you sure you would like to report this comment? It will be flagged for our moderators to take action.
Thank you for taking the time to improve the content on our site.
LATEST TV RECIPE & VIDEO
You're gonna want to bring your appetite and a loaf of crusty bread to the table when you serve this Old-World Peasant Soup. This soup is full of fresh veggies, beans, and, for old-world flavor, some kielbasa. It's a hearty, fill-ya-up soup that's sure to make you feel all warm and fuzzy inside!