Volcano Meat Loaf
What You'll Need:
- 2 pounds ground beef
a 10-1/2-ounce can condensed cream of tomato soup
- 1 (1-ounce) package dry onion soup mix
cup dry bread crumbs
- 1 egg, beaten
- 3 cups warm mashed potatoes
What To Do:
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F. Coat a 9" x 13" baking dish with cooking spray.
- In a large bowl, combine the ground beef, tomato soup, onion soup mix, bread crumbs, egg, and water; mix well.
- Divide the meat mixture into 4 equal amounts and shape each section into a miniature volcano mountain. Place in the baking dish and bake for 1 hour, or until cooked through.
- Increase the oven temperature to 450 degrees F. "Frost" each volcano meat loaf with mashed potatoes, creating a crater in the potatoes at the top. Return the volcanoes to the oven and bake for 10 minutes, or until the mashed potatoes are golden.
- Serving tip: Let the kids fill the craters with gravy or ketchup to make lava flows from the tops of their volcanoes!
- Racking your brain for something your kids will want to eat for dinner or lunch? Then check out 15 Kid-Friendly Ground Beef Recipes today!
YOUR RECENTLY VIEWED RECIPES
02 19 14