Volcano Meat Loaf
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
Meatloaf and mashed potatoes never caused such an eruption at the table until we came up with these mini meatloaves that are covered in creamy mashed potatoes and have a crater full of beefy gravy on top!
What You'll Need:
- 2 pounds ground beef
- 1/2 a 10-1/2-ounce can condensed cream of tomato soup
- 1 (1-ounce) package dry onion soup mix
- 1/2 cup dry bread crumbs
- 1 egg, beaten
- 1/2 cup water
- 3 cups warm mashed potatoes
What To Do:
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F. Coat a 9" x 13" baking dish with cooking spray.
- In a large bowl, combine the ground beef, tomato soup, onion soup mix, bread crumbs, egg, and water; mix well.
- Divide the meat mixture into 4 equal amounts and shape each section into a miniature volcano mountain. Place in the baking dish and bake for 1 hour, or until cooked through.
- Increase the oven temperature to 450 degrees F. "Frost" each volcano meat loaf with mashed potatoes, creating a crater in the potatoes at the top. Return the volcanoes to the oven and bake for 10 minutes, or until the mashed potatoes are golden.
- Serving tip: Let the kids fill the craters with gravy or ketchup to make lava flows from the tops of their volcanoes!
- Racking your brain for something your kids will want to eat for dinner or lunch? Then check out 15 Kid-Friendly Ground Beef Recipes today!
Report Inappropriate Comment
Are you sure you would like to report this comment? It will be flagged for our moderators to take action.
Thank you for taking the time to improve the content on our site.
LATEST TV RECIPE & VIDEO
Our recipe for Ultimate Fudgy Brownies is going to make you forget about any other recipe for brownies you've ever tasted...they're that good. You may just want to pour yourself another glass of milk, 'cause these homemade brownies are full of decadent, chocolatey flavor.