Skillet Chopped Steak
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
Remember good ol' homestyle Salisbury steak? You're gonna love the comforting tastes of our Skillet Chopped Steak with a rich mushroom sauce. Thes best part is that after a little prep, it cooks up in a quick 10 minutes. Pair it with some creamy potatoes and a side of veggies for a satisfying meal!
What You'll Need:
- 1 1/2 pounds ground beef
- 1/2 cup Italian-flavored bread crumbs
- 1 medium-sized onion, chopped
- 1 egg
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 (10-3/4-ounce) can condensed cream of mushroom soup
- 3/4 cup milk
- 1/2 pound sliced fresh mushrooms
What To Do:
- In a large bowl, combine ground beef, bread crumbs, onion, egg, salt, and pepper; mix well then shape into six 1/2-inch-thick oval patties.
- Heat a large skillet over medium-high heat and place patties in skillet. Cook 2 to 3 minutes per side, or until browned.
- In a small bowl, combine mushroom soup, milk, and mushrooms; mix well and pour over patties. Reduce heat to medium-low, cover, and simmer 8 to 10 minutes, or until no pink remains in beef. Serve topped with mushroom sauce.
While the patties are simmering, whip up some instant mashed potatoes then stir in some grated Cheddar cheese. Add a salad or steamed green veggie, and dinner's complete!
Click here to check out more Easy Skillet Meals!
Report Inappropriate Comment
Are you sure you would like to report this comment? It will be flagged for our moderators to take action.
Thank you for taking the time to improve the content on our site.