Buttermilk Carrot Cake
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
- CHILL TIME
- 3 Hr
- COOK TIME
- 30 Min
- READY IN
- 3 Hr 30 Min
Carrots are a vegetable and vegetables are good for us, so, does that mean we can serve up giant slices of this Buttermilk Carrot Cake? You're going to want to! One bite into this extra-creamy, homemade carrot cake and you'll understand why!
What You'll Need:
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1 tablespoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon ground allspice
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 pound carrots, shredded (about 2 cups packed)
- 1 (8-ounce) can crushed pineapple, drained
- 2 cups packed light brown sugar
- 1 cup finely chopped walnuts
- 4 eggs
- 1/2 cup buttermilk
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil
- Buttery Cream Cheese Frosting (see Note)
What To Do:
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Coat two (9-inch) round cake pans with cooking spray.
- In a medium bowl, combine flour, baking powder, baking soda, cinnamon, allspice, and salt; mix well. In a large bowl, combine remaining ingredients except frosting. Stir flour mixture into carrot mixture until well combined. Divide batter between cake pans.
- Bake 30 to 35 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted in center comes out clean. Let cool 10 minutes, then invert onto wire racks to cool completely.
- Place 1 cake layer upside-down on a serving plate and frost top with Buttery Cream Cheese Frosting (see note). Place second layer over first and frost top and sides. Cover loosely and chill at least 3 hours before serving.
- For the perfect Buttery Cream Cheese Frosting: In a large bowl, beat 2 softened (8-ounce) packages cream cheese, and 2 sticks softened unsalted butter until creamy. Gradually add 4 cups confectioners' sugar, beating 1 to 2 minutes, or until smooth. Use immediately, or cover and chill until ready to use. Bring to room temperature before using.
- Check out our collection of homemade carrot cake recipes!
Report Inappropriate Comment
Are you sure you would like to report this comment? It will be flagged for our moderators to take action.
Thank you for taking the time to improve the content on our site.
LATEST TV RECIPE & VIDEO
We all could use some last-minute ideas during the holidays, especially when we're entertaining company. Our Pumpkin Pie Shooters whip up in just 5 minutes and taste like the creamiest pumpkin pie...in the form of a milkshake! A little whipped cream and a dusting of nutmeg make these really impressive!