Chocolate Hazelnut "Torte"
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
- 20 Min
- COOK TIME
- 5 Min
- READY IN
- 25 Min
Take a no-bake shortcut and build a fancy looking and tasting dessert torte from store-bought frozen pound cake frosted with healthy chocolate hazelnut spread. Shhh...no one has to know how easy it was!
What You'll Need:
- 1 (16-ounce) frozen pound cake
- 1 (13-ounce) jar chocolate hazelnut spread
- 1 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 1 cup heavy cream
What To Do:
Horizontally slice frozen pound cake into 4 layers. Place bottom cake layer on a cooling rack over a baking sheet. Spread with a thin layer of chocolate hazelnut spread, then place another cake layer on top. Repeat with remaining layers and spread.
Place chocolate chips in a medium bowl.
In a small saucepan over medium heat, bring cream to a boil, stirring constantly. Pour over chocolate chips and stir until mixture is smooth. Let cool 15 to 20 minutes, or until ganache begins to thicken slightly.
- Starting at one end, slowly pour ganache over entire cake until well coated. Refrigerate until ready to serve.
Report Inappropriate Comment
Are you sure you would like to report this comment? It will be flagged for our moderators to take action.
Thank you for taking the time to improve the content on our site.
- Chocolate Eclair Cake
- Cold Fudge Cake
- Apple Pie Dump Cake
- Autumn Pumpkin Dump Cake
- Homemade Frosting Recipes: 17 Frosting Recipes for Cakes, Cupcakes, and More
- 33 To-Die-For Recipes with Cake Mix
- Peanut Butter Chocolate Delight
- 28 Best Bundt Cake Recipes
- Mary Todd Lincoln's Presidential Cake
- Peach Upside-Down Cake