Country Lemon Coffee Cake
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
- CHILL TIME
- 8 Hr
- COOK TIME
- 35 Min
- READY IN
- 8 Hr 35 Min
This overnight coffee cake recipe is brimming with country-fresh lemon flavor. Just wait'll you taste our Country Lemon Coffee Cake!
What You'll Need:
- 2 cups all-purpose flour, plus extra for sprinkling
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 3/4 cup granulated sugar
- 1 cup packed brown sugar, divided
- 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon, divided
- 3/4 cup (1-1/2 sticks) butter, melted
- 1 cup milk
- 1 1/2 teaspoons lemon extract
- Zest of 1 lemon
- 2 large eggs
- 1/2 cup chopped pecans
What To Do:
- Coat a 9- x 13-inch baking dish with cooking spray, then sprinkle with flour.
- In a large bowl, combine the 2 cups flour, baking powder, baking soda, salt, granulated sugar, 1/2 cup brown sugar, 1 teaspoon cinnamon, the butter, milk, lemon extract, lemon zest, and eggs; beat until well combined. Pour into prepared baking dish.
- Cover and chill at least 8 hours, or overnight.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- In a small bowl, combine remaining brown sugar, remaining cinnamon, and the pecans. Sprinkle over chilled batter.
- Bake 35 to 40 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted in center comes out clean. Cut, and serve warm.
- Here around the Test Kitchen, we just can't get enough of the refreshing taste of lemon! If you're like us, we're sure you'll love our Blueberry Lemon Bars as much as we do!
- If your gang loves coffee cake recipes like this one, then you've got to check out our collection, 10 Coffee Cake Recipes You'll Celebrate!
Report Inappropriate Comment
Are you sure you would like to report this comment? It will be flagged for our moderators to take action.
Thank you for taking the time to improve the content on our site.
LATEST TV RECIPE & VIDEO
Shake up your dinner routine with this delicious stuffed chile recipe, better known as Chicken Chile Relleno. These chilies are covered in a crispy, cheesy nacho coating, and stuffed with ooey-gooey cheese and chicken. They're going to love this Tex-Mex dish so much, they might just break out the maracas!