Lemon-Glazed Angel Food Cake
This light and heavenly Lemon-Glazed Angel Food Cake is a cinch to make. Yes, you can make your own Angel Food Cake with our easy cake recipe that'll make you a hero.
What You'll Need:
2 cups sugar, divided
1 cup all-purpose flour
12 egg whites
teaspoons cream of tartar
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
cup fresh lemon juice
1 tablespoon grated lemon peel
What To Do:
- Preheat oven to 375 degree F. In a medium bowl, combine 3/4 cup sugar and the flour; mix well and set aside.
- In a large bowl, beat the egg whites, cream of tartar, vanilla, and salt until soft peaks form. Slowly add 3/4 cup sugar and beat until stiff peaks form.
- Fold flour mixture gently into egg white mixture until thoroughly combined then pour into an ungreased tube pan.
- Bake 35 to 40 minutes, or until top is golden and dry. With cake still in pan, invert pan on a wire rack and allow to cool completely. Remove cooled cake from pan and place on serving plate.
- In a small saucepan, bring lemon juice, lemon peel, and remaining 1/2 cup sugar to a boil over medium heat. Boil 2 to 3 minutes, or until sugar is dissolved and glaze is smooth, stirring occasionally. Remove from heat and drizzle over cake just before serving.
Sprinkle top of cake with a dozen finely crushed lemon drops for an extra zesty taste.
08 06 12