Lemon-Glazed Angel Food Cake
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
This light and heavenly Lemon-Glazed Angel Food Cake is a cinch to make. Yes, you can make your own Angel Food Cake with our easy cake recipe from scratch that'll make you a hero. Don't get intimidated 'cause we only use everyday ingredients you already have lying around your house, so you can have a slice of homemade angel food cake anytime you'd like! Top it with your favorite fruit or frosting for an extra special treat.
What You'll Need:
- 2 cups sugar, divided
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 12 egg whites
- 1 1/2 teaspoons cream of tartar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 cup fresh lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon grated lemon peel
What To Do:
- Preheat oven to 375 degree F. In a medium bowl, combine 3/4 cup sugar and the flour; mix well and set aside.
- In a large bowl, beat the egg whites, cream of tartar, vanilla, and salt until soft peaks form. Slowly add 3/4 cup sugar and beat until stiff peaks form.
- Fold flour mixture gently into egg white mixture until thoroughly combined then pour into an ungreased tube pan.
- Bake 35 to 40 minutes, or until top is golden and dry. With cake still in pan, invert pan on a wire rack and allow to cool completely. Remove cooled cake from pan and place on serving plate.
- In a small saucepan, bring lemon juice, lemon peel, and remaining 1/2 cup sugar to a boil over medium heat. Boil 2 to 3 minutes, or until sugar is dissolved and glaze is smooth, stirring occasionally. Remove from heat and drizzle over cake just before serving.
- Sprinkle top of cake with a dozen finely crushed lemon drops for an extra zesty taste.
- The one thing that'll make this angel food cake recipe even better? The perfect frosting! Choose your favorite from our collection of 15 Homemade Frosting Recipes.
Report Inappropriate Comment
Are you sure you would like to report this comment? It will be flagged for our moderators to take action.
Thank you for taking the time to improve the content on our site.
LATEST TV RECIPE & VIDEO
Corn on the cob is one of those street foods that's really trendy right now, and one of the most popular ways to serve it is in a style known as Mexican Street Corn. In our version, we slather corn on the cob with butter before topping with a bit of chili powder, cilantro, Cotija cheese, and a squeeze of lime. It's tasty!