Dress up your red, white and blue bash with Flag Cake, a spectacular dessert that's short on work and definitely takes the cake!
What You'll Need:
1 (10-3/4-ounce) package frozen pound cake, thawed
cup seedless raspberry jam
4 tablespoons orange juice, divided
1 (8-ounce) package whipped cream cheese
3 tablespoons confectioners' sugar
cup fresh blueberries
cup sliced fresh strawberries
What To Do:
- Slice pound cake lengthwise into three layers. Arrange slices in a single layer on a rimmed baking sheet, with top layer cut-side up; using a fork, pierce cake slices several times.
- In a small bowl, combine jam with 2 tablespoons orange juice; mix well then spread evenly over tops of cake slices.
- In another small bowl, combine cream cheese, confectioners' sugar, and remaining 2 tablespoons orange juice until well blended. Place bottom layer of cake on a serving plate. Spread evenly with one-third of the cream cheese mixture. Reserve 20 blueberries for garnish; arrange half of the remaining blueberries evenly over the cream cheese mixture.
- Place center slice of cake over blueberries and repeat layers. Place top cake layer cut-side down on top of the middle layer and spread evenly with remaining cream cheese mixture.
- Using reserved blueberries and the strawberry slices, decorate top of cake like an American flag.
If you like this patriotic cake, you'll also like Flag Day Shortcake!
YOUR RECENTLY VIEWED RECIPES
06 23 13