Dress up your red, white and blue bash with Flag Cake, a spectacular dessert that's short on work and definitely takes the cake!
What You'll Need:
1 (10-3/4-ounce) package frozen pound cake, thawed
cup seedless raspberry jam
4 tablespoons orange juice, divided
1 (8-ounce) package whipped cream cheese
3 tablespoons confectioners' sugar
cups fresh blueberries
cup sliced fresh strawberries
What To Do:
- Slice pound cake lengthwise into three layers. Arrange slices in a single layer on a rimmed baking sheet, with top layer cut-side up; using a fork, pierce cake slices several times.
- In a small bowl, combine jam with 2 tablespoons orange juice; mix well then spread evenly over tops of cake slices.
- In another small bowl, combine cream cheese, confectioners' sugar, and remaining 2 tablespoons orange juice until well blended. Place bottom layer of cake on a serving plate. Spread evenly with one-third of the cream cheese mixture. Reserve 20 blueberries for garnish; arrange half of the remaining blueberries evenly over the cream cheese mixture.
- Place center slice of cake over blueberries and repeat layers. Place top cake layer cut-side down on top of the middle layer and spread evenly with remaining cream cheese mixture.
- Using reserved blueberries and the strawberry slices, decorate top of cake like an American flag.
If you like this patriotic cake, you'll also like Flag Day Shortcake!
06 23 13