We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
Dress up your red, white and blue bash with Flag Cake, a spectacular dessert that's short on work and definitely takes the cake!
What You'll Need:
- 1 (10-3/4-ounce) package frozen pound cake, thawed
- 1/3 cup seedless raspberry jam
- 4 tablespoons orange juice, divided
- 1 (8-ounce) package whipped cream cheese
- 3 tablespoons confectioners' sugar
- 1 1/2 cups fresh blueberries
- 1/2 cup sliced fresh strawberries
What To Do:
- Slice pound cake lengthwise into three layers. Arrange slices in a single layer on a rimmed baking sheet, with top layer cut-side up; using a fork, pierce cake slices several times.
- In a small bowl, combine jam with 2 tablespoons orange juice; mix well then spread evenly over tops of cake slices.
- In another small bowl, combine cream cheese, confectioners' sugar, and remaining 2 tablespoons orange juice until well blended. Place bottom layer of cake on a serving plate. Spread evenly with one-third of the cream cheese mixture. Reserve 20 blueberries for garnish; arrange half of the remaining blueberries evenly over the cream cheese mixture.
- Place center slice of cake over blueberries and repeat layers. Place top cake layer cut-side down on top of the middle layer and spread evenly with remaining cream cheese mixture.
- Using reserved blueberries and the strawberry slices, decorate top of cake like an American flag.
If you like this patriotic cake, you'll also like Flag Day Shortcake!
Report Inappropriate Comment
Are you sure you would like to report this comment? It will be flagged for our moderators to take action.
Thank you for taking the time to improve the content on our site.
LATEST TV RECIPE & VIDEO
Brunch will never be the same once you've tried our recipe for Eggs Benedict Casserole. This make-ahead take on a classic breakfast recipe will impress everyone. From the moment it's set on the table, to the moment they clear their plates they'll be showering you with compliments!