We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
Dress up your red, white and blue bash with Flag Cake, a spectacular dessert that's short on work and definitely takes the cake!
What You'll Need:
- 1 (10-3/4-ounce) package frozen pound cake, thawed
- 1/3 cup seedless raspberry jam
- 4 tablespoons orange juice, divided
- 1 (8-ounce) package whipped cream cheese
- 3 tablespoons confectioners' sugar
- 1 1/2 cups fresh blueberries
- 1/2 cup sliced fresh strawberries
What To Do:
- Slice pound cake lengthwise into three layers. Arrange slices in a single layer on a rimmed baking sheet, with top layer cut-side up; using a fork, pierce cake slices several times.
- In a small bowl, combine jam with 2 tablespoons orange juice; mix well then spread evenly over tops of cake slices.
- In another small bowl, combine cream cheese, confectioners' sugar, and remaining 2 tablespoons orange juice until well blended. Place bottom layer of cake on a serving plate. Spread evenly with one-third of the cream cheese mixture. Reserve 20 blueberries for garnish; arrange half of the remaining blueberries evenly over the cream cheese mixture.
- Place center slice of cake over blueberries and repeat layers. Place top cake layer cut-side down on top of the middle layer and spread evenly with remaining cream cheese mixture.
- Using reserved blueberries and the strawberry slices, decorate top of cake like an American flag.
If you like this patriotic cake, you'll also like Flag Day Shortcake!
Report Inappropriate Comment
Are you sure you would like to report this comment? It will be flagged for our moderators to take action.
Thank you for taking the time to improve the content on our site.
LATEST TV RECIPE & VIDEO
Corn on the cob is one of those street foods that's really trendy right now, and one of the most popular ways to serve it is in a style known as Mexican Street Corn. In our version, we slather corn on the cob with butter before topping with a bit of chili powder, cilantro, Cotija cheese, and a squeeze of lime. It's tasty!