White Velvet Cake
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
Our from-scratch White Velvet Cake is such a cinch to bake up, everyone will think it came from the best bakery in town. Take all the credit though, and tell them you made it yourself!
What You'll Need:
- 1 (6-ounce) package white chocolate baking bars, broken up
- 2 tablespoons milk
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 3/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 cup (1 stick) butter, softened
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 4 eggs
- 1 cup sour cream
What To Do:
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Coat two (8-inch) round baking pans with cooking spray, then line bottoms with waxed paper.
- In a medium saucepan, combine baking bars and milk over low heat, stirring constantly until chocolate is melted and mixture is smooth; set aside.
- In a medium bowl, combine flour, baking soda, salt, and baking powder; set aside. In a large bowl, beat butter and sugar until light and fluffy. Blend in melted baking bars and vanilla extract. Add eggs one at a time, beating well after each addition. Add flour mixture alternately with sour cream. Pour into prepared pans.
- Bake 30 to 35 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted in center comes out clean. Cool 10 to 15 minutes, then remove from pans and remove waxed paper. Cool completely.
- Frost with a buttercream frosting or one of your favorite flavors -- whatever you like!
- If you liked this recipe, be sure to check out our free eBook, Classic Cakes: 24 Easy Cake Recipes to Enjoy Year-Round!
- Ever wondered what makes velvet cake "velvet"? Check out the answer on our blog!
Report Inappropriate Comment
Are you sure you would like to report this comment? It will be flagged for our moderators to take action.
Thank you for taking the time to improve the content on our site.
LATEST TV RECIPE & VIDEO
This dessert is sure to create a lot of "buzz" with your gang! Our German Bee Sting cake is based on the traditional German "Bienenstich," which is basically a honey-glazed cake with a layer of creamy vanilla custard. One bite and you'll understand what makes this cake so buzz-worthy.
- Pumpkin Spice Poke Cake
- Caramel Pecan Poke Cake
- Chocolate Eclair Cake
- Fudgy Pistachio Cake
- Homemade Frosting Recipes: 17 Frosting Recipes for Cakes, Cupcakes, and More
- Cold Fudge Cake
- 33 To-Die-For Recipes with Cake Mix
- 28 Best Bundt Cake Recipes
- Chocolate Peanut Butter Dream Cake
- Apple-Filled Pound Cake