Bacon and Cheese Potato Casserole
- COOK TIME
- 40 Min
- READY IN
- 40 Min
If you love the smoky flavor of bacon then you'll love our comforting Bacon and Cheese Potato Casserole. This one dishes up hot 'n' hearty to team with any of your main dish favorites.
What You'll Need:
cup (1 stick) butter
1 teaspoon salt
teaspoon black pepper
cups instant potato flakes
1 small onion, finely chopped
cup bacon bits
cup (6 ounces) shredded Swiss cheese
1 cup (1/2 pint) heavy cream
1 to 2 scallions, thinly sliced
What To Do:
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Coat an 8-inch square baking dish with cooking spray.
- In a saucepan, bring water, butter, salt, and pepper to a boil over high heat. Remove saucepan from heat and gently stir in potato flakes, onion and bacon bits until well combined.
- Spoon potato mixture into prepared baking dish. Sprinkle with cheese then pour cream over top. Sprinkle with scallions.
- Bake 35 to 40 minutes, or until heated through and edges are golden.
- For those of you who are skeptical about using potato flakes, trust us on this one...you won't be disappointed.
- And feel free to substitute shredded Cheddar cheese instead of the Swiss or your favorite variety.
YOUR RECENTLY VIEWED RECIPES
04 07 14