We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
We think of this casserole as comfort food at its best; it has hearty, hearty, hearty written all over it! Make it ahead for hectic weeknights. Then just toss a bag of salad greens with your favorite dressing, and supper's on the table!
What You'll Need:
- 12 ounces wide egg noodles
- 1 pound ground chuck
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1 green bell pepper, chopped
- 1 (8-ounce) package fresh mushrooms, sliced
- 1/2 cup beef broth
- 1 (6-ounce) can tomato paste
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 (8-ounce) container sour cream
- 12 ounces container small-curd cottage cheese
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 cups (8-ounces) shredded mozzarella cheese
- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese
What To Do:
Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Cook noodles according to package directions; drain and keep warm.
Meanwhile, cook ground chuck in a large skillet, stirring until it crumbles and is no longer pink. Drain and return to skillet. Stir in onion, bell pepper, and mushrooms. Cover and cook over medium-high heat 10 minutes or until vegetables are tender, stirring occasionally.
Stir in beef broth, tomato paste and oregano; set aside.
Combine sour cream, cottage cheese, garlic and salt. Add noodles, tossing to coat. Spread half of noodle mixture in a lightly greased 9- x 13-inch baking dish. Top with half of meat mixture, half of mozzarella cheese, and half of Parmesan cheese. Repeat layers with remaining noodle and meat mixtures.
Cover; bake 25 minutes. Sprinkle with remaining cheeses, and bake, uncovered, an additional 10 minutes.
- If you enjoyed this weeknight dinner recipe, be sure to also check out our Pork Chop Casserole.
- You can also check out our collection of Easy Stroganoff Recipes for more variations on this classic comfort food!
Report Inappropriate Comment
Are you sure you would like to report this comment? It will be flagged for our moderators to take action.
Thank you for taking the time to improve the content on our site.