We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
- 10 Min
- COOK TIME
- 1 Hr
- READY IN
- 1 Hr 10 Min
Need a bring-along main dish for any gathering? We've got you covered with this down-home creamy chicken bake that has a crunchy topping to add excitement to every forkful.
What You'll Need:
- 1 (16-ounce) package butter-flavor crackers, crushed
- 3/4 cup (1-1/2 sticks) butter, melted
- 2 cups chunked cooked boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- 1 (8-ounce) can water chestnuts, drained and chopped
- 1 (10.75-ounce) can condensed cream of mushroom soup
- 1 (10.75-ounce) can condensed cream of chicken soup
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1/2 cup water
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 teaspoon dried basil
- 1/8 teaspoon black pepper
What To Do:
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees F. Coat a 9- x 13-inch baking dish with cooking spray.
- In a large bowl, combine crushed crackers and butter; mix well and set aside 1/4 cup of mixture. Spoon remaining mixture into prepared baking dish. Evenly distribute chicken over cracker layer. Sprinkle water chestnuts over chicken.
- In a large bowl, combine mushroom and chicken soups, sour cream, water, garlic, basil, and pepper; mix well and pour over water chestnuts and chicken. Sprinkle with reserved cracker mixture.
- Bake 60 to 70 minutes, or until golden and bubbly.
We'd recommend also bringing along a nice, crispy salad!
Report Inappropriate Comment
Are you sure you would like to report this comment? It will be flagged for our moderators to take action.
Thank you for taking the time to improve the content on our site.
LATEST TV RECIPE & VIDEO
Native Americans cooked their corn right in the husks over an open fire, and we think their idea is still best, 'cause it helps bring out flavors you can only get from roasting. We love making our Husky Roasted Corn right on the grill in the summer, and in our ovens when it's cooler out!