- COOK TIME
- 1 Hr 10 Min
Just what you'd expect from an authentic Eggplant Parmigiana - tender, tasty, and satisfaction guaranteed!
What You'll Need:
teaspoon black pepper
2 cups Italian-flavored bread crumbs
cup olive oil
2 medium-sized eggplant (about 3/4 pound each), peeled and cut crosswise into ¼-inch slices
1 (28-ounce) jar spaghetti sauce
4 cups (16 ounces) shredded mozzarella cheese
What To Do:
- Preheat oven to 350 degree F. Coat a 9" x 13" baking dish with cooking spray.
- In a shallow dish, combine eggs, salt, and pepper; beat well. Place bread crumbs in another shallow dish. In a large skillet, heat 3 tablespoons oil over medium heat until hot but not smoking.
- Meanwhile, dip eggplant slices in egg mixture then coat completely with bread crumbs. Place coated eggplant slices in skillet a few at a time and cook 2 to 3 minutes per side, until golden, adding more oil as needed. Drain on a paper towel-lined platter.
- Spread 1 cup of the spaghetti sauce evenly over bottom of prepared baking dish. Place half of the cooked eggplant evenly over the sauce, overlapping if necessary. Cover eggplant with 1 cup spaghetti sauce and top with 2 cups cheese. Repeat layers, ending with remaining 2 cups cheese.
- Cover with aluminum foil and bake 45 to 50 minutes, or until hot and bubbly. Let sit for about 10 minutes before serving.
09 12 12