We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
Just what you'd expect from an authentic Eggplant Parmigiana - tender, tasty, and satisfaction guaranteed!
What You'll Need:
- 4 eggs
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 2 cups Italian-flavored bread crumbs
- 3/4 cup olive oil
- 2 medium-sized eggplant (about 3/4 pound each), peeled and cut crosswise into ¼-inch slices
- 1 (28-ounce) jar spaghetti sauce
- 4 cups (16 ounces) shredded mozzarella cheese
What To Do:
- Preheat oven to 350 degree F. Coat a 9" x 13" baking dish with cooking spray.
- In a shallow dish, combine eggs, salt, and pepper; beat well. Place bread crumbs in another shallow dish. In a large skillet, heat 3 tablespoons oil over medium heat until hot but not smoking.
- Meanwhile, dip eggplant slices in egg mixture then coat completely with bread crumbs. Place coated eggplant slices in skillet a few at a time and cook 2 to 3 minutes per side, until golden, adding more oil as needed. Drain on a paper towel-lined platter.
- Spread 1 cup of the spaghetti sauce evenly over bottom of prepared baking dish. Place half of the cooked eggplant evenly over the sauce, overlapping if necessary. Cover eggplant with 1 cup spaghetti sauce and top with 2 cups cheese. Repeat layers, ending with remaining 2 cups cheese.
- Cover with aluminum foil and bake 45 to 50 minutes, or until hot and bubbly. Let sit for about 10 minutes before serving.
Report Inappropriate Comment
Are you sure you would like to report this comment? It will be flagged for our moderators to take action.
Thank you for taking the time to improve the content on our site.
LATEST TV RECIPE & VIDEO
Cupid's Love Pies are a great way to share the love with friends and family, especially when they're made with lots of love. Bake these heart-shaped hand pies, filled with creamy chocolate hazelnut and strawberry jam, and get ready to receive lots of hugs and kisses!