Tuna Melt Casserole
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
Want to be top tomato with your gang? Bake up this homestyle Tuna Melt Casserole that's packed with comforting corkscrew macaroni bathed in melty swiss cheese and topped with fresh tomatoes and they'll love it and you!
What You'll Need:
- 1 (16-ounce) package corkscrew macaroni
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 3 cups milk
- 2 cups shredded Swiss cheese, divided
- 3 (6-ounce) cans tuna, drained, flaked
- 2 tomatoes, cut into 1/4-inch-thick slices
What To Do:
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F. Coat a 9- x 13-inch baking dish with cooking spray.
- In a large saucepan of boiling salted water, cook pasta 7 minutes, or until al dente. Drain well and return to pot; set aside.
- Meanwhile, in a medium saucepan over low heat, melt butter. Stir in flour, salt, and pepper and cook 1 minute, stirring constantly. Gradually stir in milk; increase heat to medium-high and cook until mixture thickens, stirring occasionally. Remove saucepan from heat and add 1-1/2 cups cheese, stirring until melted.
- Add cheese sauce and tuna to pasta in pot; toss until evenly mixed. Transfer mixture to baking dish. Arrange tomato slices on top, overlapping if necessary. Sprinkle with remaining cheese.
- Cover baking dish with foil and bake 20 minutes. Remove foil and bake an additional 10 to 15 minutes, or until hot and bubbly.
Elbow or shell macaroni will work just fine.
- Looking for more of our favorite tuna recipes? Check out our collection of Easy Tuna Recipes: 13 Tuna Salad Recipes, Tuna Casserole Recipes, and More!
Report Inappropriate Comment
Are you sure you would like to report this comment? It will be flagged for our moderators to take action.
Thank you for taking the time to improve the content on our site.
LATEST TV RECIPE & VIDEO
Whip up our easy Icebox Salad the next time you've got company coming over and get ready to take in all the "oohs" and "aahs." This make-ahead, layered salad is both pretty and delicious. It's the all-American, hearty salad that everyone grew up eating, but in a party-size form!
- Pork Chop Casserole
- Minnesota Hot Dish
- Three Cheese Macaroni and Cheese
- Italian Layer Bake
- Easy Mexican Casserole Recipes: 16 of the Best Mexican Casseroles
- Easy Pasta Bake Recipes: 29 Ultimate Pasta Casseroles
- Unforgettable Chicken Casserole
- North and South American Casserole
- Mom's Tuna Noodle Casserole
- Best Make-Ahead Casseroles: 10 Frozen Casserole Recipes You Need