El Dorado Beef Casserole
Kids of all ages will go crazy for this Southwestern-style layered casserole. It has everybody's favorites: ground beef, tomato sauce, cheese and tortilla chips. Yum!
What You'll Need:
pound ground beef
- 1 medium-sized onion, chopped
- 2 (8-ounce) cans tomato sauce
- 1 cup water
teaspoon chili powder
- 1 (9-ounce) package tortilla chips, coarsely crushed
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded Monterey Jack cheese
What To Do:
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F. Coat a 1-1/2-quart casserole dish with cooking spray.
- In a large skillet, brown ground beef and onion over medium-high heat for 5 minutes. Add tomato sauce, water, and chili powder; mix well. Reduce heat to medium-low and simmer 2 to 3 minutes, or until thickened.
- Spread one-third of the beef mixture in casserole dish then top with one-third of the crushed tortilla chips, one-third of the sour cream, and one-third of the cheese. Repeat layers two more times, ending with cheese.
- Bake 25 to 30 minutes, or until bubbly and top is golden.
YOUR RECENTLY VIEWED RECIPES
02 10 14