El Dorado Beef Casserole
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
Kids of all ages will go crazy for this Southwestern-style layered casserole. It has everybody's favorites: ground beef, tomato sauce, cheese and tortilla chips. Yum!
What You'll Need:
- 1/2 pound ground beef
- 1 medium-sized onion, chopped
- 2 (8-ounce) cans tomato sauce
- 1 cup water
- 1/4 teaspoon chili powder
- 1 (9-ounce) package tortilla chips, coarsely crushed
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded Monterey Jack cheese
What To Do:
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F. Coat a 1-1/2-quart casserole dish with cooking spray.
- In a large skillet, brown ground beef and onion over medium-high heat for 5 minutes. Add tomato sauce, water, and chili powder; mix well. Reduce heat to medium-low and simmer 2 to 3 minutes, or until thickened.
- Spread one-third of the beef mixture in casserole dish then top with one-third of the crushed tortilla chips, one-third of the sour cream, and one-third of the cheese. Repeat layers two more times, ending with cheese.
- Bake 25 to 30 minutes, or until bubbly and top is golden.
Report Inappropriate Comment
Are you sure you would like to report this comment? It will be flagged for our moderators to take action.
Thank you for taking the time to improve the content on our site.
LATEST TV RECIPE & VIDEO
Shake up your dinner routine with this delicious stuffed chile recipe, better known as Chicken Chile Relleno. These chilies are covered in a crispy, cheesy nacho coating, and stuffed with ooey-gooey cheese and chicken. They're going to love this Tex-Mex dish so much, they might just break out the maracas!
- Country-Style Potato Tot Casserole
- Cheeseburger Ramen Casserole
- Chicken-Fried Steak Casserole
- Easy Mexican Casserole Recipes: 16 of the Best Mexican Casseroles
- Layered Spaghetti Casserole
- Tuna Melt Casserole
- Meatball Sub Casserole
- Bring-Along Casserole
- Grandma's Best Casserole
- Easy Pasta Bake Recipes: 29 Ultimate Pasta Casseroles