Grilled Cheese & Tomato Soup Bake
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
Remember the good ol' days when Mom used to serve up melty grilled cheese with a cup of creamy tomato soup? We sure do, which is why we came up with this irresistible twist: Grilled Cheese & Tomato Soup Bake!
What You'll Need:
- 3 tablespoons softened butter
- 1 (1-pound) French bread, cut into 1/2-inch slices (about 22 slices)
- 2 1/2 cups shredded Cheddar cheese, divided
- 1 (10-3/4-ounce) can condensed tomato soup
- 1/2 cup milk
What To Do:
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees F. Lightly spread butter on one side of bread slices and place on baking sheet.
- Bake 5 to 7 minutes, turn over, and bake another 5 minutes, or until lightly toasted.
- In a 9- x 13-inch baking dish, arrange half the bread slices in a single layer. Sprinkle bread with 1-1/2 cups cheese and top with remaining bread slices.
- In a medium bowl, combine tomato soup and milk. Evenly pour over bread.
- Bake 20 minutes. Remove from oven, sprinkle with remaining cheese, and continue baking 10 minutes, or until heated through.
Love the comfort of a steaming hot and cheesy casserole? Well, here's another one we think you'll love -- our Cheesy Bacon Pierogi Bake! Or you can go the soup route and check out our Potato Cheese Soup!
Report Inappropriate Comment
Are you sure you would like to report this comment? It will be flagged for our moderators to take action.
Thank you for taking the time to improve the content on our site.
LATEST TV RECIPE & VIDEO
Often the best things in life, or on our kitchen table, are the simplest ones, and this Buttery Cabbage recipe falls into that category. Crisp bacon, nutritious cabbage, and a few other ingredients make this simple cabbage recipe a spectacular one, time and time again.
- Chicken-Fried Steak Casserole
- Country-Style Potato Tot Casserole
- Cheeseburger Ramen Casserole
- Grandma's Best Casserole
- Easy Mexican Casserole Recipes: 16 of the Best Mexican Casseroles
- Bring-Along Casserole
- Welcome Home Eggplant Casserole
- Layered Spaghetti Casserole
- Buffalo Chicken Tot Casserole
- Italian Layer Bake