Crispy Oven-Fried Drumsticks
- 15 Min
- COOK TIME
- 30 Min
- READY IN
- 45 Min
We've come up with a healthier version of one of our favorite chicken recipes with this one for Crispy Oven-Fried Chicken! This is the kind of homemade "fried" chicken recipe you can feel good about feeding your family: easy, tasty, and best of all, not greasy.
What You'll Need:
- 3 cups cornflake cereal, crushed
cup grated Parmesan cheese
to ½ teaspoon ground red pepper (see note)
teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
cup fat-free buttermilk
- 8 chicken drumsticks (about 2 pounds), skinless
- Cooking spray
- Ranch dressing (optional)
What To Do:
- Preheat the oven to 425 degrees. Combine first 5 ingredients in a large resealable plastic freezer bag; seal and shake well to combine.
- Pour buttermilk into a shallow bowl. Dip 2 drumsticks in buttermilk, and place in bag. Seal and shake well, coating drumsticks completely. Place drumsticks on an aluminum foil-lined baking sheet coated with cooking spray. Repeat procedure with remaining drumsticks. Sprinkle remaining cornflake mixture evenly over drumsticks on baking sheet. Lightly coat with cooking spray.
- Bake 25 to 30 minutes or until drumsticks are well browned and done. Serve immediately. Serve with Ranch dressing, if desired.
No messy frying here! These are 'oven-fried.' The cereal gives these drumsticks their crunchy coating. Go for the 1/2 teaspoon of red pepper for more spice, but for the kiddos, you might want to stick to 1/4 teaspoon. Don't forget the Ranch dressing for dipping!
YOUR RECENTLY VIEWED RECIPES