Mom's Fried Chicken
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
- CHILL TIME
- 1 Hr
- COOK TIME
- 35 Min
- READY IN
- 1 Hr 35 Min
Nothing beats Mom's Fried Chicken and you'll know why after just one bite. With the perfect amount of crunch and juiciness, don't be surprised when your gang argues over who gets the last piece!
What You'll Need:
- 1 (3-1/2-pound) chicken, cut into 8 pieces
- 2 cups buttermilk
- 1 teaspoon salt
- Vegetable oil for frying
- 1 cup self-rising flour
- 1/2 teaspoon poultry seasoning
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/8 teaspoon cayenne pepper
What To Do:
- In a large bowl, toss chicken with buttermilk and salt. Cover and refrigerate 1 hour.
- In a large deep skillet over medium-high heat, heat 1 inch oil until a deep-fry thermometer registers 360 degrees F.
- Meanwhile, in a shallow bowl, mix flour, poultry seasoning, garlic powder, and cayenne pepper. Remove dark meat from buttermilk, shake off excess, and roll in flour mixture. Shake off excess flour, place in hot oil, and fry about 15 minutes, or until golden brown and cooked through, turning occasionally. (Adjust heat, as needed.) Drain on a paper towel-lined platter.
- Reheat oil to 360 degrees F. Repeat with chicken breasts and wings, frying about 15 minutes, or until golden brown and cooked through, turning occasionally. Drain on a paper towel-lined platter. Serve hot or at room temperature.
- For more all-American favorites, try Garlicky Steak or Homemade Chocolate Sandwich Cookies.
Want even more chicken dinner recipes? Check out our collection of Southern Fried Chicken Recipes: 9 Easy Fried Chicken Recipes.
Report Inappropriate Comment
Are you sure you would like to report this comment? It will be flagged for our moderators to take action.
Thank you for taking the time to improve the content on our site.
LATEST TV RECIPE & VIDEO
Often the best things in life, or on our kitchen table, are the simplest ones, and this Buttery Cabbage recipe falls into that category. Crisp bacon, nutritious cabbage, and a few other ingredients make this simple cabbage recipe a spectacular one, time and time again.