Homemade Chocolate Sandwich Cookies
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
If your favorite childhood memory is of dunking chocolate sandwich cookies in a glass of cold milk, get ready to make some awesome new memories with our copycat recipe we call Homemade Chocolate Sandwich Cookies.
What You'll Need:
- CHOCOLATE WAFERS
- 1 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1 stick butter, softened
- 1 egg
- CREAM FILLING
- 1/2 stick butter, softened
- 1/4 cup vegetable shortening
- 2 cups confectioners' sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
What To Do:
Preheat oven to 375 degrees F.
In a large bowl with an electric mixer, make chocolate wafers by mixing together flour, cocoa powder, baking soda, baking powder, salt, and sugar. Beat in 1 stick of butter and the egg until dough comes together. (You may have to use your hands.) Drop 48 rounded teaspoons of dough onto baking sheets about 2 inches apart. Slightly flatten dough with fingers.
Bake 9 to 11 minutes, or until cookies look set. Let cool.
In a medium bowl, make cream filling by combining 1/2 stick of butter and the shortening. Gradually beat in confectioners’ sugar and vanilla until filling is fluffy. Place a teaspoon of filling onto center of one chocolate wafer and lightly press another chocolate wafer on top until cream comes to edge. Repeat with remaining wafers.
- Serve immediately or store in an airtight container.
Report Inappropriate Comment
Are you sure you would like to report this comment? It will be flagged for our moderators to take action.
Thank you for taking the time to improve the content on our site.
- Homemade Oatmeal Chocolate Chip Cookies
- Grandma's Spice Cookies
- Triangle Hat Cookies
- Grandma's Dressed Up Molasses Cookies
- Cookie Jar Favorites: 35 of Our Best Cookie Recipes
- No-Bake Cookie Clusters
- Pecan Tassies
- How to Make Cake Cookies: 16 Recipes for Cake Mix Cookies
- Cake Mix Cookies
- Best Cookie Ever