Naked Sweet and Sour Chicken
- COOK TIME
- 15 Min
- READY IN
- 15 Min
Why order Chinese take-out when you can make your own Sweet and Sour Chicken quicker than it can be delivered?
What You'll Need:
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 1/2
pounds boneless, skinless chicken breasts, cut into 1/2-inch strips
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 2 tablespoons ketchup
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 2 tablespoons white vinegar
- 1 (20-ounce) can pineapple chunks in juice, undrained
- 2 large red bell peppers, cut into thin strips
- 3 tablespoons soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 6 scallions, cut into 1-inch pieces
What To Do:
- Preheat a stovetop wok or large skillet over medium-heat or an electric wok to 400 degrees F. Heat oil until hot but not smoking. Add chicken and garlic and cook 4 to 5 minutes, or until no pink remains in the chicken, stirring occasionally.
- Add ketchup, honey, vinegar, pineapple and its juice, and red peppers; cook 5 to 7 minutes, or until sauce begins to boil.
- Meanwhile, in a small bowl, combine soy sauce and cornstarch; whisk well.
- When honey mixture is bubbling, add soy sauce and cornstarch mixture; cook 2 to 3 more minutes, or until heated through and sauce has thickened. Add scallions and toss until well coated.
Looking for more traditional Chinese food recipes you can easily make at home? Don't miss our collection of 26 Takeout Dishes to Make at Home: Easy Chinese Recipes!
YOUR RECENTLY VIEWED RECIPES
10 03 14